Comparative effectiveness analysis between entrectinib clinical trial and crizotinib real-world data in ROS1+ NSCLC
AuthorsDoebele, R. C.
Krebs, Matthew G
Meropol, N. J.
Wong, W B
AffiliationAnschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado, 1665 Aurora Court Anschutz Cancer Pavilion, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAim: Generating direct comparative evidence in prospective randomized trials is difficult for rare diseases. Real-world cohorts may supplement control populations. Methods: Entrectinib-treated adults with advanced ROS1 fusion-positive NSCLC (n = 94) from Phase I/II trials (ALKA-372-001 [EudraCT2012-00148-88], STARTRK-1 [NCT02097810], and STARTRK-2 [NCT02568267]) were compared with a real-world crizotinib-treated cohort (n = 65). Primary end point, time-to-treatment discontinuation (TTD); secondary end points, PFS and OS. Results: Median (95% CI) weighted TTD: 12.9 (9.9-17.4) months for entrectinib; 8.8 (6.2-9.9) months for crizotinib (weighted hazard ratio, 0.72 [0.51-1.02]). Median OS with entrectinib was not reached, weighted median OS with crizotinib was 18.5 (15.1-19.9) months. Conclusion: Entrectinib administered in clinical trials may be associated with longer TTD than a real-world crizotinib population.
CitationDoebele RC, Perez L, Trinh H, Martinec M, Martina R, Riehl T, et al. Comparative effectiveness analysis between entrectinib clinical trial and crizotinib real-world data in ROS1+ NSCLC. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research. 2021 Aug 24.
JournalJournal of Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Entrectinib in ROS1 fusion-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: integrated analysis of three phase 1-2 trials.
- Authors: Drilon A, Siena S, Dziadziuszko R, Barlesi F, Krebs MG, Shaw AT, de Braud F, Rolfo C, Ahn MJ, Wolf J, Seto T, Cho BC, Patel MR, Chiu CH, John T, Goto K, Karapetis CS, Arkenau HT, Kim SW, Ohe Y, Li YC, Chae YK, Chung CH, Otterson GA, Murakami H, Lin CC, Tan DSW, Prenen H, Riehl T, Chow-Maneval E, Simmons B, Cui N, Johnson A, Eng S, Wilson TR, Doebele RC, trial investigators
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Effectiveness of crizotinib versus entrectinib in ROS1-positive non-small-cell lung cancer using clinical and real-world data.
- Authors: Tremblay G, Groff M, Iadeluca L, Daniele P, Wilner K, Wiltshire R, Bartolome L, Usari T, Cappelleri JC, Camidge DR
- Issue date: 2022 Jun
- Updated Integrated Analysis of the Efficacy and Safety of Entrectinib in Locally Advanced or Metastatic ROS1 Fusion-Positive Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Dziadziuszko R, Krebs MG, De Braud F, Siena S, Drilon A, Doebele RC, Patel MR, Cho BC, Liu SV, Ahn MJ, Chiu CH, Farago AF, Lin CC, Karapetis CS, Li YC, Day BM, Chen D, Wilson TR, Barlesi F
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 10
- Matching-adjusted indirect comparison: entrectinib versus crizotinib in ROS1 fusion-positive non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Chu P, Antoniou M, Bhutani MK, Aziez A, Daigl M
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Real-World Outcomes Among Crizotinib-Treated Patients with ROS1-Positive Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Community Oncology-Based Observational Study.
- Authors: Waterhouse D, Iadeluca L, Sura S, Wilner K, Emir B, Krulewicz S, Espirito J, Bartolome L
- Issue date: 2022 Jan