On target: Rational approaches to KRAS inhibition for treatment of non-small cell lung carcinoma
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) is a leading cause of cancer death. Approximately one-third of patients with NSCLC have a KRAS mutation. KRASG12C, the most common mutation, is found in ~13% of patients. While KRAS was long considered 'undruggable', several novel direct KRASG12C inhibitors have shown encouraging signs of efficacy in phase I/II trials and one of these (sotorasib) has recently been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration. This review examines the role of KRAS mutations in NSCLC and the challenges in targeting KRAS. Based on specific KRAS biology, it reports exciting progress, exploring the use of novel direct KRAS inhibitors as monotherapy or in combination with other targeted therapies, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy.
CitationLindsay CR, Garassino MC, Nadal E, Öhrling K, Scheffler M, Mazières J. On target: Rational approaches to KRAS inhibition for treatment of non-small cell lung carcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2021 Jul.
- Targeting KRAS in non-small-cell lung cancer: recent progress and new approaches.
- Authors: Reck M, Carbone DP, Garassino M, Barlesi F
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- KRAS Secondary Mutations That Confer Acquired Resistance to KRAS G12C Inhibitors, Sotorasib and Adagrasib, and Overcoming Strategies: Insights From In Vitro Experiments.
- Authors: Koga T, Suda K, Fujino T, Ohara S, Hamada A, Nishino M, Chiba M, Shimoji M, Takemoto T, Arita T, Gmachl M, Hofmann MH, Soh J, Mitsudomi T
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Targeting KRAS in Colorectal Cancer.
- Authors: Wang C, Fakih M
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 13
- KRAS<sup>G12C</sup> Inhibition with Sotorasib in Advanced Solid Tumors.
- Authors: Hong DS, Fakih MG, Strickler JH, Desai J, Durm GA, Shapiro GI, Falchook GS, Price TJ, Sacher A, Denlinger CS, Bang YJ, Dy GK, Krauss JC, Kuboki Y, Kuo JC, Coveler AL, Park K, Kim TW, Barlesi F, Munster PN, Ramalingam SS, Burns TF, Meric-Bernstam F, Henary H, Ngang J, Ngarmchamnanrith G, Kim J, Houk BE, Canon J, Lipford JR, Friberg G, Lito P, Govindan R, Li BT
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 24
- KRAS G12C Game of Thrones, which direct KRAS inhibitor will claim the iron throne?
- Authors: Nagasaka M, Li Y, Sukari A, Ou SI, Al-Hallak MN, Azmi AS
- Issue date: 2020 Mar