Optimising treatment pathways for borderline and locally advanced pancreatic cancer: an adaptive personalised approach
AffiliationConsultant Clinical Oncologist, The Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe treatment paradigm for borderline and locally advanced pancreatic cancer is evolving with an increased shift towards utilising systemic chemotherapy and chemoradiation to potentially facilitate more curative resections. This has been driven by the improved outcomes from the use systemic combination chemotherapy on its own, or sequentially with chemoradiation, resulting in improved resection rates and survival outcomes.
CitationRadhakrishna G, Ghaneh P. Optimising treatment pathways for borderline and locally advanced pancreatic cancer: an adaptive personalised approach. Br J Cancer. 2021 Jul 22.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Pancreatic resections after chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced ductal adenocarcinoma: analysis of perioperative outcome and survival.
- Authors: Massucco P, Capussotti L, Magnino A, Sperti E, Gatti M, Muratore A, Sgotto E, Gabriele P, Aglietta M
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Borderline and locally advanced pancreatic adenocarcinoma margin accentuation with intraoperative irreversible electroporation.
- Authors: Kwon D, McFarland K, Velanovich V, Martin RC 2nd
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Network meta-analysis comparing neoadjuvant chemoradiation, neoadjuvant chemotherapy and upfront surgery in patients with resectable, borderline resectable, and locally advanced pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Hu Q, Wang D, Chen Y, Li X, Cao P, Cao D
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 10
- [The Efficacy of Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation Therapy for Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Cancer].
- Authors: Sano T, Takano K, Chiba N, Tomita K, Ozawa Y, Hikita K, Shimazu M, Kawachi S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Induction Chemotherapy Followed by Concurrent Full-dose Gemcitabine and Intensity-modulated Radiation Therapy for Borderline Resectable and Locally Advanced Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Badiyan SN, Olsen JR, Lee AY, Yano M, Menias CO, Khwaja S, Wang-Gillam A, Strasberg SM, Hawkins WG, Linehan DC, Myerson RJ, Parikh PJ
- Issue date: 2016 Feb