What is the value of the 60-minute cortisol measurement in the short synacthen test (SST)? Evidence for the defence
Duff, C. J.
Aamir, A. H.
Fryer, A. A.
Trainer, Peter J
Heald, A. H.
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Salford Royal Hospital, Salford, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMichaelidou M, Yadegarfar G, Morris L, Dolan S, Robinson A, Naseem A, et al. What is the value of the 60‐minute cortisol measurement in the short synacthen test (SST)? Evidence for the defence. Int J Clin Pract. 2021 Jul 21;75(8).
JournalInternational Journal of Clinical Practice
- Sixty-minute post-Synacthen serum cortisol level: a reliable and cost-effective screening test for excluding adrenal insufficiency compared to the conventional short Synacthen test.
- Authors: Mansoor S, Islam N, Siddiqui I, Jabbar A
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Comparing the utility of 30- and 60-minute cortisol levels after the standard short synacthen test to determine adrenal insufficiency: A retrospective cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Butt MI, Alzuhayri N, Amer L, Riazuddin M, Aljamei H, Khan MS, Abufarhaneh M, Alrajhi E, Alnassar A, Alahmed R, Aljayar DMA, Abothenain FF, De Vol E
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 23
- The short Synacthen and insulin stress tests in the assessment of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis.
- Authors: Hurel SJ, Thompson CJ, Watson MJ, Harris MM, Baylis PH, Kendall-Taylor P
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Determining the utility of the 60 min cortisol measurement in the short synacthen test.
- Authors: Chitale A, Musonda P, McGregor AM, Dhatariya KK
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Combining growth hormone releasing hormone-arginine and synacthen testing diminishes the cortisol response.
- Authors: Siyambalapitiya S, Ibbotson V, Doane A, Ghigo E, Campbell MJ, Ross RJ
- Issue date: 2007 Mar