AffiliationSchool of Human and Health Sciences. University of Huddersfield, HD1 3DH,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCOVID-19 pandemic has obviously affected patients' behavior towards seeking medical help as well as physicians' decision in the management of emergencies. Our recent experience as surgeons at a COVID-19 referral hospital revealed cases which share an alerting characteristic: the delay in appropriate management. Unfortunately for COVID-19 negative patients a "coronacentric" health system has been adopted. In view of measures applied to avoid spread of the disease, a significant delay in patients' presentation as well as in their in-hospital management is observed. We present cases where delay in appropriate management affected the patients' outcome and underline the fact that balancing between COVID-19 safety measures and a patient who needs urgent treatment can be very challenging and stressful.
CitationAdamou M, Kamposioras K. The COVID-19 survey pandemic: a critical approach. Journal of Buon. 2021;26(3):654-5.
JournalJournal of Buon
- The "misfortune" of being a COVID-19 negative patient during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Authors: Michalopoulos NV, Petropoulou Z, Danias N, Kokoropoulos P, Vassiliu P, Arkadopoulos N
- Issue date: 2021 Mar-Apr
- Cancer surgery in the era of COVID-19 pandemic: Changing dynamics.
- Authors: Garg PK, Kaul P, Choudhary D, Singh MP, Tiwari AR
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Implementation, relevance, and virtual adaptation of neuro-oncological tumor boards during the COVID-19 pandemic: a nationwide provider survey.
- Authors: Schäfer N, Bumes E, Eberle F, Fox V, Gessler F, Giordano FA, Konczalla J, Onken J, Ottenhausen M, Scherer M, Schneider M, Vatter H, Herrlinger U, Schuss P
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Strict glycemic control is needed in times of COVID19 epidemic in India: A Call for action for all physicians.
- Authors: Diabetes India, National Diabetes Obesity and Cholesterol Foundation (NDOC), and Diabetes Expert Group, India.
- Issue date: 2020 Sep-Oct
- Telemedicine for cancer patients during COVID-19 pandemic: between threats and opportunities.
- Authors: Elkaddoum R, Haddad FG, Eid R, Kourie HR
- Issue date: 2020 Jun