The T cell receptor repertoire of tumor infiltrating T cells is predictive and prognostic for cancer survival
Mundra, Piyushkumar A
Campana, Luca G
Lorigan, Paul C
De Rosa, F.
AffiliationMolecular Oncology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTumor infiltration by T cells is paramount for effective anti-cancer immune responses. We hypothesized that the T cell receptor (TCR) repertoire of tumor infiltrating T lymphocytes could therefore be indicative of the functional state of these cells and determine disease course at different stages in cancer progression. Here we show that the diversity of the TCR of tumor infiltrating T cell at baseline is prognostic in various cancers, whereas the TCR clonality of T cell infiltrating metastatic melanoma pre-treatment is predictive for activity and efficacy of PD1 blockade immunotherapy.
CitationValpione S, Mundra PA, Galvani E, Campana LG, Lorigan P, De Rosa F, et al. The T cell receptor repertoire of tumor infiltrating T cells is predictive and prognostic for cancer survival. Nat Commun. 2021 Jul 2;12(1).
- Skin-test infiltrating lymphocytes early predict clinical outcome of dendritic cell-based vaccination in metastatic melanoma.
- Authors: Aarntzen EH, Bol K, Schreibelt G, Jacobs JF, Lesterhuis WJ, Van Rossum MM, Adema GJ, Figdor CG, Punt CJ, De Vries IJ
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 1
- The role of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) as a predictive biomarker of response to anti-PD1 therapy in patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer or metastatic melanoma.
- Authors: Uryvaev A, Passhak M, Hershkovits D, Sabo E, Bar-Sela G
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 31
- Predominance of Central Memory T Cells with High T-Cell Receptor Repertoire Diversity is Associated with Response to PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibition in Merkel Cell Carcinoma.
- Authors: Spassova I, Ugurel S, Terheyden P, Sucker A, Hassel JC, Ritter C, Kubat L, Habermann D, Farahpour F, Saeedghalati M, Peiffer L, Kumar R, Schrama D, Hoffmann D, Schadendorf D, Becker JC
- Issue date: 2020 May 1
- Checkpoint blockade immunotherapy enhances the frequency and effector function of murine tumor-infiltrating T cells but does not alter TCRβ diversity.
- Authors: Kuehm LM, Wolf K, Zahour J, DiPaolo RJ, Teague RM
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Tumor regression in patients with metastatic synovial cell sarcoma and melanoma using genetically engineered lymphocytes reactive with NY-ESO-1.
- Authors: Robbins PF, Morgan RA, Feldman SA, Yang JC, Sherry RM, Dudley ME, Wunderlich JR, Nahvi AV, Helman LJ, Mackall CL, Kammula US, Hughes MS, Restifo NP, Raffeld M, Lee CC, Levy CL, Li YF, El-Gamil M, Schwarz SL, Laurencot C, Rosenberg SA
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1