Antiproliferative systemic therapies for metastatic small bowel neuroendocrine tumours
Gordoa, T. A.
De Mestier, L.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, ENETs, Centre of Excellence, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNeuroendocrine neoplasms (NENs) are a heterogeneous group of malignancies with rising incidence and prevalence. Outcome and therapy of small bowel neuroendocrine tumours (SBNETs) is variable, depending on the grade, differentiation, tumour burden, as well as the site of the tumour origin. Because of this, multidisciplinary approach is essential. Large randomized clinical trials, with somatostatin analogues (PROMID, CLARINET) or with peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) with 177-lutetium (NETTER-1 trial) as well as the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor (mTOR) everolimus (RADIANT trials), represent milestones for the medical management of unresectable grade 1 and 2 SBNETS over the last decade. Novel therapies, such as tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI), are on the cutting edge. However, multiple unsolved questions remain. This review provides a comprehensive review of the main systemic therapeutic options for advanced SBNETs and discusses the latest guideline recommendations for palliative treatment.
CitationDawod M, Gordoa TA, Cives M, De Mestier L, Crona J, Spada F, et al. Antiproliferative Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumours. Curr Treat Options in Oncol . 2021 Jun 29;22(8).
JournalCurrent Treatment Options in Oncology
- Somatostatin Analogues in the Treatment of Neuroendocrine Tumors: Past, Present and Future.
- Authors: Stueven AK, Kayser A, Wetz C, Amthauer H, Wree A, Tacke F, Wiedenmann B, Roderburg C, Jann H
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 22
- Management of Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumors.
- Authors: Larouche V, Akirov A, Alshehri S, Ezzat S
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 18
- Systemic Therapy of Advanced Well-differentiated Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumors Progressive on Somatostatin Analogues.
- Authors: Agarwal P, Mohamed A
- Issue date: 2022 Sep
- [Mid gut neuroendocrine tumors: News on medical treatment].
- Authors: Dior M, Dreanic J, Prieux-Klotz C, Brieau B, Brezault C, Coriat R
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Therapeutic sequences in patients with grade 1-2 neuroendocrine tumors (NET): an observational multicenter study from the ELIOS group.
- Authors: Faggiano A, Di Maio S, Mocerino C, Ottaviano M, De Divitiis C, Guarnotta V, Dolce P, Modica R, Puliafito I, Tozzi L, Di Sarno A, Leo S, Riccardi F, Palmieri G, Tafuto S, Bianco A, Badalamenti G, Colao A, ELIOS.
- Issue date: 2019 Nov