Antiproliferative systemic therapies for metastatic small bowel neuroendocrine tumours
Gordoa, T. A.
De Mestier, L.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, ENETs, Centre of Excellence, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNeuroendocrine neoplasms (NENs) are a heterogeneous group of malignancies with rising incidence and prevalence. Outcome and therapy of small bowel neuroendocrine tumours (SBNETs) is variable, depending on the grade, differentiation, tumour burden, as well as the site of the tumour origin. Because of this, multidisciplinary approach is essential. Large randomized clinical trials, with somatostatin analogues (PROMID, CLARINET) or with peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) with 177-lutetium (NETTER-1 trial) as well as the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor (mTOR) everolimus (RADIANT trials), represent milestones for the medical management of unresectable grade 1 and 2 SBNETS over the last decade. Novel therapies, such as tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI), are on the cutting edge. However, multiple unsolved questions remain. This review provides a comprehensive review of the main systemic therapeutic options for advanced SBNETs and discusses the latest guideline recommendations for palliative treatment.
CitationDawod M, Gordoa TA, Cives M, De Mestier L, Crona J, Spada F, et al. Antiproliferative Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumours. Curr Treat Options in Oncol . 2021 Jun 29;22(8).
JournalCurrent Treatment Options in Oncology
- Management of Small Bowel Neuroendocrine Tumors.
- Authors: Larouche V, Akirov A, Alshehri S, Ezzat S
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 18
- Somatostatin Analogues in the Treatment of Neuroendocrine Tumors: Past, Present and Future.
- Authors: Stueven AK, Kayser A, Wetz C, Amthauer H, Wree A, Tacke F, Wiedenmann B, Roderburg C, Jann H
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 22
- My burning issues in neuroendocrine tumours (NET).
- Authors: Kiesewetter B, Raderer M
- Issue date: 2018
- Peptide Receptor Radionuclide Therapy for Advanced Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors - from oncology perspective.
- Authors: Kolasińska-Ćwikła A, Łowczak A, Maciejkiewicz KM, Ćwikła JB
- Issue date: 2018
- Advanced small-bowel well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumours: An international survey of practice on 3<sup>rd</sup>-line treatment.
- Authors: Lamarca A, Cives M, de Mestier L, Crona J, Spada F, Öberg K, Pavel M, Alonso-Gordoa T
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 14