Comparative performance of predictors of death from thin (≤1.0 mm) melanoma
Soyer, H. P.
Smithers, B. M.
Green, Adèle C
Whiteman, D. C
AffiliationDepartment of Population Health, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Brisbane, Australia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite overall favourable prognosis,1 thin (≤1.0 mm) cutaneous melanoma account for 23% of melanoma deaths in the high-risk general population of Queensland, Australia (2005-2009), because of the sheer volume of disease.2 The prospect of adjuvant systemic therapy has increased the focus on identifying patients with thin melanoma who are at high risk of death, such as through gene expression profiling (GEP), sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB), or prognostic models.3-5.
CitationClaeson M, Baade P, Marchetti M, Brown S, Soyer HP, Smithers BM, et al. Comparative performance of predictors of death from thin (≤1.0 mm) melanoma. British Journal of Dermatology. 2021 May 12.
JournalBritish Journal of Dermatology
- Indications for lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymphadenectomy in patients with thin melanoma (Breslow thickness < or =1.0 mm).
- Authors: Stitzenberg KB, Groben PA, Stern SL, Thomas NE, Hensing TA, Sansbury LB, Ollila DW
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Predictors of sentinel lymph node positivity in thin melanoma using the National Cancer Database.
- Authors: Conic RRZ, Ko J, Damiani G, Funchain P, Knackstedt T, Vij A, Vidimos A, Gastman BR
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Clinicopathological factors associated with death from thin (≤ 1·00 mm) melanoma.
- Authors: Claeson M, Baade P, Brown S, Soyer HP, Smithers BM, Green AC, Whiteman DC, Khosrotehrani K
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Update on Thin Melanoma: Outcome of an International Workshop.
- Authors: Mihic-Probst D, Shea C, Duncan L, de la Fouchardiere A, Landman G, Landsberg J, ven den Oord J, Lowe L, Cook MG, Yun SJ, Clarke L, Messina J, Elder DE, Barnhill RL
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Prognostic Predictors of Thin Melanoma in Clinico-Pathological Practice.
- Authors: Roncati L, Pusiol T, Piscioli F
- Issue date: 2017 Jul