Consensus on the treatment and follow-up for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a report from the first global prostate cancer consensus conference for developing countries (PCCCDC)
AuthorsMaluf, F. C.
Pereira, F. M. T.
Silva, A. G.
Dettino, A. L. A.
Cardoso, A. P. G.
Sasse, A. S.
Kann, A. G.
Jardim, D. L. F.
Cortés, D. E. L.
Kater, F. R.
Morbeck, I. A. P.
Reolon, J. F. N.
Rinck, J. A., Jr.
Zarbá, J. J.
Sade, J. P.
da Trindade, K. M.
Dos Santos, L. V.
Maia, M. C.
Siqueira, M. B.
AffiliationHospital Israelita Albert Einstein, São Paulo, Brazil
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPurpose: To present a summary of the recommendations for the treatment and follow-up for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) as acquired through a questionnaire administered to 99 physicians working in the field of prostate cancer in developing countries who attended the Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference for Developing Countries. Methods: A total of 106 questions out of more than 300 questions addressed the use of imaging in staging mCRPC, treatment recommendations across availability and response to prior drug treatments, appropriate drug treatments, and follow-up, and those same scenarios when limited resources needed to be considered. Responses were compiled and the percentages were presented by clinicians to support each response. Most questions had five to seven relevant options for response including abstain and/or unqualified to answer, or in the case of yes or no questions, the option to abstain was offered. Results: Most of the recommendations from this panel were in line with prior consensus, including the preference of a new antiandrogen for first-line therapy of mCRPC. Important aspects highlighted in the scenario of limited resources included the option of docetaxel as treatment preference as first-line treatment in several scenarios, docetaxel retreatment, consideration for reduced doses of abiraterone, and alternative schedules of an osteoclast-targeted therapy.
CitationMaluf FC, Pereira FMT, Silva AG, Dettino ALA, Cardoso APG, Sasse AS, et al. Consensus on the Treatment and Follow-Up for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Report From the First Global Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference for Developing Countries (PCCCDC). JCO Global Oncology. 2021 Apr;(7):559–71.
JournalJCO Global Oncology
- Consensus for Treatment of Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer: Report From the First Global Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference for Developing Countries (PCCCDC).
- Authors: Maluf FC, Pereira FMT, Serrano Uson PL Jr, Bastos DA, Rodrigues da Rosa DA, Wiermann EG, Schutz FA, Kater FR, de Oliveira FNG, Marques Monteiro FS, de Pádua FV, Orlandi FJ, de Almeida Saito HP, Ayadi M, Boghikian PS, Kopp RM, de Carvalho RS, de Fogace RN, de Araújo Cavallero SR, Aguiar S, Souza VC, Sommer SG
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Anticancer Activity and Tolerance of Treatments Received Beyond Progression in Men Treated Upfront with Androgen Deprivation Therapy With or Without Docetaxel for Metastatic Castration-naïve Prostate Cancer in the GETUG-AFU 15 Phase 3 Trial.
- Authors: Lavaud P, Gravis G, Foulon S, Joly F, Oudard S, Priou F, Latorzeff I, Mourey L, Soulié M, Delva R, Krakowski I, Laguerre B, Théodore C, Ferrero JM, Beuzeboc P, Habibian M, Rolland F, Deplanque G, Pouessel D, Zanetta S, Berdah JF, Dauba J, Baciuchka M, Platini C, Linassier C, Tubiana-Mathieu N, Machiels JP, Kouri CE, Ravaud A, Suc E, Eymard JC, Hasbini A, Bousquet G, Culine S, Boher JM, Tergemina-Clain G, Legoupil C, Fizazi K
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Consensus on Treatment and Follow-Up for Biochemical Recurrence in Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer: A Report From the First Global Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference for Developing Countries.
- Authors: Monteiro FSM, Schutz FA, Morbeck IAP, Bastos DA, de Padua FV, Costa LAGA, Maia MC, Rinck JA Jr, Zequi SC, da Trindade KM, Alfer W Jr, Nahas WC, Dos Santos LV, Ferrigno R, da Rosa DAR, Sade JP, Orlandi FJ, de Oliveira FNG, Soares A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Consensus on the Treatment and Follow-Up for the Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Report From the First Prostate Cancer Consensus Conference for Developing Countries.
- Authors: Pereira FMT, Silva AGE, Dettino ALA, Cardoso APG, Sasse AD, Kann AG, Dzik C, Herchenhorn D, Jardim DLF, Lopera D, Ayadi M, Salman P, Kopp RAM, De Carvalho RS, Cavallero SRA, Aguiar S, Souza VC, Uson Junior PLS, Soares A
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Treating Patients with Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Comprehensive Review of Available Therapies.
- Authors: Crawford ED, Higano CS, Shore ND, Hussain M, Petrylak DP
- Issue date: 2015 Dec