AffiliationMolecular Oncology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Alderley Park, SK10 4TG
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 1967, Sandy Posey pronounced that sunglasses are essential beachwear ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVBEb-GA1Y ). Now, whole-genome sequencing reveals that ultraviolet radiation (UVR) can contribute to melanomas in the iris and conjunctiva, data that provide a molecular explanation for why it is important to protect our eyes from exposure to UVR.
CitationDhomen N, Mundra PA, Marais R. Sunglasses to hide behind may also prevent melanoma of the eyes. Br J Cancer. 2021 Apr 6
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Ocular ultraviolet radiation exposure of welders.
- Authors: Tenkate TD
- Issue date: 2017 May 1
- Sunglasses- and photochromic lens-wearing patterns in spectacle and/or contact lens-wearing individuals.
- Authors: Glavas IP, Patel S, Donsoff I, Stenson S
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Sun exposure to the eyes: predicted UV protection effectiveness of various sunglasses.
- Authors: Backes C, Religi A, Moccozet L, Behar-Cohen F, Vuilleumier L, Bulliard JL, Vernez D
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Quantitative SEM characterisation of ceramic target prior and after magnetron sputtering: a case study of aluminium zinc oxide.
- Authors: Jahangiri AR, Rajabi Kalvani P, Shapouri S, Sari A, ŢĂlu Ş, Jalili YS
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Sunglass Filter Transmission and Its Operational Effect in Solar Protection for Civilian Pilots.
- Authors: Chorley AC, Lyachev A, Higlett MP, Khazova M, Benwell MJ, Evans BJ
- Issue date: 2016 May