A TOR (target of rapamycin) and nutritional phosphoproteome of fission yeast reveals novel targets in networks conserved in humans
Morrison, K. R.
Hagan, Iain M
Humphrey, S. J.
AffiliationFaculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFluctuations in TOR, AMPK and MAP-kinase signalling maintain cellular homeostasis and coordinate growth and division with environmental context. We have applied quantitative, SILAC mass spectrometry to map TOR and nutrient-controlled signalling in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Phosphorylation levels at more than 1000 sites were altered following nitrogen stress or Torin1 inhibition of the TORC1 and TORC2 networks that comprise TOR signalling. One hundred and thirty of these sites were regulated by both perturbations, and the majority of these (119) new targets have not previously been linked to either nutritional or TOR control in either yeasts or humans. Elimination of AMPK inhibition of TORC1, by removal of AMPKα (ssp2
CitationHalova L, Cobley D, Franz-Wachtel M, Wang T, Morrison KR, Krug K, et al. A TOR (target of rapamycin) and nutritional phosphoproteome of fission yeast reveals novel targets in networks conserved in humans. Open Biol. 2021 Apr;11(4).
- TORC1-Dependent Phosphorylation Targets in Fission Yeast.
- Authors: Otsubo Y, Nakashima A, Yamamoto M, Yamashita A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 3
- The contribution of non-essential <i>Schizosaccharomyces pombe</i> genes to fitness in response to altered nutrient supply and target of rapamycin activity.
- Authors: Lie S, Banks P, Lawless C, Lydall D, Petersen J
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Import of extracellular ATP in yeast and man modulates AMPK and TORC1 signalling.
- Authors: Forte GM, Davie E, Lie S, Franz-Wachtel M, Ovens AJ, Wang T, Oakhill JS, Maček B, Hagan IM, Petersen J
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 3
- Fission yeast Tor1 functions as part of TORC1 to control mitotic entry through the stress MAPK pathway following nutrient stress.
- Authors: Hartmuth S, Petersen J
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 1
- Nitrogen regulates AMPK to control TORC1 signaling.
- Authors: Davie E, Forte GM, Petersen J
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 16