Outcomes of curative-intent radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and interstitial lung disease (ILD)
Bayman, Neil A
Harris, Maggie A
Pemberton, Laura S
Price, Gareth J
Sheikh, Hamid Y
Woolf, David K
Coote, Joanna H
AffiliationDivision of Medical Education, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Mancheste
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutcomes of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD n = 587) and interstitial lung disease (ILD n = 34) treated with curative-intent radiotherapy were retrospectively investigated. Presence of ILD but not decreased forced expiratory volume in 1-second correlated with poor overall survival. Increased breathlessness and oxygen requirements after radiotherapy were observed in severe/very severe COPD and ILD.
CitationTang C, Mistry H, Bayman N, Chan C, Cobben D, Faivre-Finn C, et al. Outcomes of curative-intent radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and interstitial lung disease (ILD). Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2021 Jul;160:78–81.
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Carbon-ion radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer with interstitial lung disease: a retrospective analysis.
- Authors: Nakajima M, Yamamoto N, Hayashi K, Karube M, Ebner DK, Takahashi W, Anzai M, Tsushima K, Tada Y, Tatsumi K, Miyamoto T, Tsuji H, Fujisawa T, Kamada T
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 2
- Long-term surgical outcome in patients with lung cancer and coexisting severe COPD.
- Authors: Nakajima T, Sekine Y, Yamada Y, Suzuki H, Yasufuku K, Yoshida S, Suzuki M, Shibuya K, Fujisawa T, Yoshino I
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Impact Of Underlying Pulmonary Diseases On Treatment Outcomes In Early-Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Treated With Definitive Radiotherapy.
- Authors: Kim H, Yoo H, Pyo H, Ahn YC, Noh JM, Ju SG, Lee W, Park B, Kim JM, Kang N, Shin SH, Chung MP, Shin S, Kim HS, Park M, Park HY
- Issue date: 2019
- Effect of COPD on symptoms, quality of life and prognosis in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Yi YS, Ban WH, Sohng KY
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 29
- Comparison of survival of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with or without a localized non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Jeppesen SS, Hansen NG, Schytte T, Nielsen M, Hansen O
- Issue date: 2016 Oct