Outcomes of curative-intent radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and interstitial lung disease (ILD)
Bayman, Neil A
Harris, Maggie A
Pemberton, Laura S
Price, Gareth J
Sheikh, Hamid Y
Woolf, David K
Coote, Joanna H
AffiliationDivision of Medical Education, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Mancheste
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutcomes of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD n = 587) and interstitial lung disease (ILD n = 34) treated with curative-intent radiotherapy were retrospectively investigated. Presence of ILD but not decreased forced expiratory volume in 1-second correlated with poor overall survival. Increased breathlessness and oxygen requirements after radiotherapy were observed in severe/very severe COPD and ILD.
CitationTang C, Mistry H, Bayman N, Chan C, Cobben D, Faivre-Finn C, et al. Outcomes of curative-intent radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and interstitial lung disease (ILD). Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2021 Jul;160:78–81.
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Surgical treatment for lung cancer with COPD based on the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
- Authors: Iwasaki A, Shirakusa T, Enatsu S, Maekawa S, Yoshida Y, Yoshinaga Y
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Outcomes after Single or Double Lung Transplantation in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Interstitial Lung Disease.
- Authors: Schneeberger T, Gloeckl R, Welte T, Kenn K
- Issue date: 2017
- Curative treatment of Stage I non-small-cell lung cancer in patients with severe COPD: stereotactic radiotherapy outcomes and systematic review.
- Authors: Palma D, Lagerwaard F, Rodrigues G, Haasbeek C, Senan S
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 1
- Impact of Interstitial Lung Disease Classification on the Development of Acute Exacerbation of Interstitial Lung Disease and Prognosis in Patients with Stage III Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer and Interstitial Lung Disease Treated With Chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Kobayashi H, Naito T, Omae K, Omori S, Nakashima K, Wakuda K, Ono A, Kenmotsu H, Murakami H, Endo M, Harada H, Takahashi T
- Issue date: 2018
- Carbon-ion radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer with interstitial lung disease: a retrospective analysis.
- Authors: Nakajima M, Yamamoto N, Hayashi K, Karube M, Ebner DK, Takahashi W, Anzai M, Tsushima K, Tada Y, Tatsumi K, Miyamoto T, Tsuji H, Fujisawa T, Kamada T
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 2