Mantle cell lymphoma - advances in molecular biology, prognostication and treatment approaches
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine III, LMU Hospital, Munich, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is clinically characterised by its heterogenous behaviour with courses ranging from indolent cases that do not require therapy for years to highly aggressive MCL with a very limited prognosis. A better understanding of the complex biology of MCL has already led to the approval of several innovative agents, expanding the landscape of MCL therapies and improving therapeutic options especially for refractory/relapsed (R/R) disease. Nevertheless, to further optimise MCL treatment, early identification of individual risk profile and risk-adapted, patient-tailored choice of therapeutic strategy needs to be prospectively incorporated into clinical patient management. The present review highlights recent advances in deciphering the molecular background of MCL, the definition of prognostically relevant factors and the identification of potential druggable targets and summarises current treatment recommendations for primary and R/R MCL including novel targeted therapies.
CitationSilkenstedt E, Linton K, Dreyling M. Mantle cell lymphoma - advances in molecular biology, prognostication and treatment approaches. Br J Haematol. 2021.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Mantle cell lymphoma-Advances in molecular biology, prognostication and treatment approaches.
- Authors: Silkenstedt E, Dreyling M
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Advances in Molecular Biology and Targeted Therapy of Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Klener P
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 8
- High-Risk Mantle Cell Lymphoma in the Era of Novel Agents.
- Authors: Nabrinsky E, Danilov AV, Koller PB
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Mantle cell lymphoma: 2019 update on the diagnosis, pathogenesis, prognostication, and management.
- Authors: Jain P, Wang M
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Toward a Risk-Tailored Therapeutic Policy in Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
- Authors: Condoluci A, Rossi D, Zucca E, Cavalli F
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 22