Initial clinical experience of MR-guided radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer
AuthorsCrockett, Cathryn B
Green, O. L.
Hackett, S. L.
Shiarli, A. M.
Straza, M. W.
Verhoeff, J. J. C.
AffiliationRadiotherapy Related Research, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCurative-intent radiotherapy plays an integral role in the treatment of lung cancer and therefore improving its therapeutic index is vital. MR guided radiotherapy (MRgRT) systems are the latest technological advance which may help with achieving this aim. The majority of MRgRT treatments delivered to date have been stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) based and include the treatment of (ultra-) central tumors. However, there is a move to also implement MRgRT as curative-intent treatment for patients with inoperable locally advanced NSCLC. This paper presents the initial clinical experience of using the two commercially available systems to date: the ViewRay MRIdian and Elekta Unity. The challenges and potential solutions associated with MRgRT in lung cancer will also be highlighted.
CitationCrockett CB, Samson P, Chuter R, Dubec M, Faivre-Finn C, Green OL, et al. Initial Clinical Experience of MR-Guided Radiotherapy for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Front Oncol. 2021;11:617681.
JournalFrontiers in Oncology
- First 500 Fractions Delivered with a Magnetic Resonance-guided Radiotherapy System: Initial Experience.
- Authors: Sahin B, Zoto Mustafayev T, Gungor G, Aydin G, Yapici B, Atalar B, Ozyar E
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 24
- Dosimetric study for spine stereotactic body radiation therapy: magnetic resonance guided linear accelerator versus volumetric modulated arc therapy.
- Authors: Yadav P, Musunuru HB, Witt JS, Bassetti M, Bayouth J, Baschnagel AM
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 24
- Feasibility of Adaptive MR-guided Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) of Lung Tumors.
- Authors: Padgett KR, Simpson GN, Llorente R, Samuels MA, Dogan N
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 4
- Medical physics challenges in clinical MR-guided radiotherapy.
- Authors: Kurz C, Buizza G, Landry G, Kamp F, Rabe M, Paganelli C, Baroni G, Reiner M, Keall PJ, van den Berg CAT, Riboldi M
- Issue date: 2020 May 5
- Daily dosimetric variation between image-guided volumetric modulated arc radiotherapy and MR-guided daily adaptive radiotherapy for prostate cancer stereotactic body radiotherapy.
- Authors: Nicosia L, Sicignano G, Rigo M, Figlia V, Cuccia F, De Simone A, Giaj-Levra N, Mazzola R, Naccarato S, Ricchetti F, Vitale C, Ruggieri R, Alongi F
- Issue date: 2021 Feb