Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab by PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer
AuthorsGarassino, M. C.
Dennis, P. A.
Antonia, S. J.
AffiliationFondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, 20133, Italy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAim: We retrospectively investigated the impact of tumor PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy (CRT)-related variables on patient-reported outcomes (PROs) from PACIFIC. Patients & methods: PACIFIC was a Phase III study of durvalumab versus placebo after CRT in patients with unresectable, stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. If available, pre-CRT tumor tissue was tested for PD-L1 tumor-cell expression, scored at prespecified (25%) and post-hoc (1%) cut-offs. PROs were assessed using EORTC QLQ C30/-LC13. Results: Similar to the intent-to-treat (ITT) population, most PROs remained stable over time across PD-L1 and CRT subgroups, with few clinically relevant differences between treatment arms. Time to deterioration was generally similar to the ITT population. Conclusion: Neither PD-L1 expression nor prior CRT-related variables influenced PROs with durvalumab therapy. Clinical trial registration: NCT02125461 (ClinicalTrials.gov).
CitationGarassino MC, Paz-Ares L, Hui R, Faivre-Finn C, Spira A, Planchard D, et al. Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab by PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. Future Oncol. 2021;17(10):1165-84.
- Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy in stage III, unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer (PACIFIC): a randomised, controlled, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Hui R, Özgüroğlu M, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Yokoi T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Gray JE, Rydén A, Viviers L, Poole L, Zhang Y, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Outcomes with durvalumab by tumour PD-L1 expression in unresectable, stage III non-small-cell lung cancer in the PACIFIC trial.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, Spira A, Raben D, Planchard D, Cho BC, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Hui R, Murakami S, Spigel D, Senan S, Langer CJ, Perez BA, Boothman AM, Broadhurst H, Wadsworth C, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ, Faivre-Finn C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Impact of prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables on outcomes with durvalumab in unresectable Stage III NSCLC (PACIFIC).
- Authors: Faivre-Finn C, Spigel DR, Senan S, Langer C, Perez BA, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Hui R, Murakami S, Paz-Ares L, Broadhurst H, Wadsworth C, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Patient-Reported Outcomes with Durvalumab With or Without Tremelimumab Versus Standard Chemotherapy as First-Line Treatment of Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer (MYSTIC).
- Authors: Garon EB, Cho BC, Reinmuth N, Lee KH, Luft A, Ahn MJ, Robinet G, Le Moulec S, Natale R, Schneider J, Shepherd FA, Garassino MC, Geater SL, Szekely ZP, Van Ngoc T, Liu F, Scheuring U, Patel N, Peters S, Rizvi NA
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 19
- Immune checkpoint-inhibitors and chemoradiation in stage III unresectable non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Melosky B, Juergens R, McLeod D, Leighl N, Brade A, Card PB, Chu Q
- Issue date: 2019 Aug