Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab by PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer
AuthorsGarassino, M. C.
Dennis, P. A.
Antonia, S. J.
AffiliationFondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, 20133, Italy.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAim: We retrospectively investigated the impact of tumor PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy (CRT)-related variables on patient-reported outcomes (PROs) from PACIFIC. Patients & methods: PACIFIC was a Phase III study of durvalumab versus placebo after CRT in patients with unresectable, stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. If available, pre-CRT tumor tissue was tested for PD-L1 tumor-cell expression, scored at prespecified (25%) and post-hoc (1%) cut-offs. PROs were assessed using EORTC QLQ C30/-LC13. Results: Similar to the intent-to-treat (ITT) population, most PROs remained stable over time across PD-L1 and CRT subgroups, with few clinically relevant differences between treatment arms. Time to deterioration was generally similar to the ITT population. Conclusion: Neither PD-L1 expression nor prior CRT-related variables influenced PROs with durvalumab therapy. Clinical trial registration: NCT02125461 (ClinicalTrials.gov).
CitationGarassino MC, Paz-Ares L, Hui R, Faivre-Finn C, Spira A, Planchard D, et al. Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab by PD-L1 expression and prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables in unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer. Future Oncol. 2021;17(10):1165-84.
- Patient-reported outcomes with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy in stage III, unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer (PACIFIC): a randomised, controlled, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Hui R, Özgüroğlu M, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Yokoi T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Gray JE, Rydén A, Viviers L, Poole L, Zhang Y, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Outcomes with durvalumab by tumour PD-L1 expression in unresectable, stage III non-small-cell lung cancer in the PACIFIC trial.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, Spira A, Raben D, Planchard D, Cho BC, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Hui R, Murakami S, Spigel D, Senan S, Langer CJ, Perez BA, Boothman AM, Broadhurst H, Wadsworth C, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ, Faivre-Finn C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Thoracic radiotherapy plus Durvalumab in elderly and/or frail NSCLC stage III patients unfit for chemotherapy - employing optimized (hypofractionated) radiotherapy to foster durvalumab efficacy: study protocol of the TRADE-hypo trial.
- Authors: Bozorgmehr F, Chung I, Christopoulos P, Krisam J, Schneider MA, Brückner L, Mueller DW, Thomas M, Rieken S
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 26
- Immune checkpoint-inhibitors and chemoradiation in stage III unresectable non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Melosky B, Juergens R, McLeod D, Leighl N, Brade A, Card PB, Chu Q
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Safety evaluation of durvalumab for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Shibata Y, Murakami S
- Issue date: 2020 Jun