AffiliationThe Royal Marsden Hospital, Chelsea, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLocoregional recurrence occurs in 10%-30% of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) after treatment with definitive (chemo)radiotherapy. Re-irradiation is the main curative-intent treatment option for these patients; however, it represents a therapeutic challenge for thoracic radiation oncologists. Re-irradiation practices are variable worldwide with lack of agreement on the optimal dose or the cumulative maximum dose acceptable for critical organs. The role of re-irradiation in NSCLC is also not clearly defined in the era of immunotherapy. In this review, we will present published and on-going re-irradiation studies for recurrent NSCLC. We will appraise available evidence for critical organ dose constraints and provide a framework for future therapeutic approaches and trials
CitationHunter B, Crockett C, Faivre-Finn C, Hiley C, Salem A. Re-Irradiation of Recurrent Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2021;31(2):124-32.
JournalSeminars in Radiation Oncology
- Re-irradiation in locally recurrent lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Schlampp I, Rieber J, Adeberg S, Bozorgmehr F, Heußel CP, Steins M, Kappes J, Hoffmann H, Welzel T, Debus J, Rieken S
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Re-irradiation for locoregionally recurrent tumors of the thorax: a single-institution, retrospective study.
- Authors: Sumita K, Harada H, Asakura H, Ogawa H, Onoe T, Murayama S, Nakamura S, Tanigawa N, Takahashi T, Nishimura T
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 2
- Reirradiation of recurrent node-positive non-small cell lung cancer after previous stereotactic radiotherapy for stage I disease : A multi-institutional treatment recommendation.
- Authors: Nieder C, De Ruysscher D, Gaspar LE, Guckenberger M, Mehta MP, Cheung P, Sahgal A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Carbon-ion re-irradiation for recurrences after initial treatment of stage I non-small cell lung cancer with carbon-ion radiotherapy.
- Authors: Karube M, Yamamoto N, Tsuji H, Kanematsu N, Nakajima M, Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Kamada T
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Immunotherapy (excluding checkpoint inhibitors) for stage I to III non-small cell lung cancer treated with surgery or radiotherapy with curative intent.
- Authors: Zhu J, Li R, Tiselius E, Roudi R, Teghararian O, Suo C, Song H
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 16