AffiliationThe Royal Marsden Hospital, Chelsea, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLocoregional recurrence occurs in 10%-30% of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) after treatment with definitive (chemo)radiotherapy. Re-irradiation is the main curative-intent treatment option for these patients; however, it represents a therapeutic challenge for thoracic radiation oncologists. Re-irradiation practices are variable worldwide with lack of agreement on the optimal dose or the cumulative maximum dose acceptable for critical organs. The role of re-irradiation in NSCLC is also not clearly defined in the era of immunotherapy. In this review, we will present published and on-going re-irradiation studies for recurrent NSCLC. We will appraise available evidence for critical organ dose constraints and provide a framework for future therapeutic approaches and trials
CitationHunter B, Crockett C, Faivre-Finn C, Hiley C, Salem A. Re-Irradiation of Recurrent Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2021;31(2):124-32.
JournalSeminars in Radiation Oncology
- Challenges in Re-Irradiation in the Thorax: Managing Patients with Locally Recurrent Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Fischer-Valuck BW, Robinson CG, Simone CB 2nd, Gomez DR, Bradley JD
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Re-irradiation in locally recurrent lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Schlampp I, Rieber J, Adeberg S, Bozorgmehr F, Heußel CP, Steins M, Kappes J, Hoffmann H, Welzel T, Debus J, Rieken S
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Re-Irradiation for Locally Recurrent Lung Cancer: A Single Center Retrospective Analysis.
- Authors: Grambozov B, Nussdorfer E, Kaiser J, Gerum S, Fastner G, Stana M, Gaisberger C, Wass R, Studnicka M, Sedlmayer F, Zehentmayr F
- Issue date: 2021 May 13
- Re-irradiation for locoregionally recurrent tumors of the thorax: a single-institution, retrospective study.
- Authors: Sumita K, Harada H, Asakura H, Ogawa H, Onoe T, Murayama S, Nakamura S, Tanigawa N, Takahashi T, Nishimura T
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 2
- Carbon-ion re-irradiation for recurrences after initial treatment of stage I non-small cell lung cancer with carbon-ion radiotherapy.
- Authors: Karube M, Yamamoto N, Tsuji H, Kanematsu N, Nakajima M, Yamashita H, Nakagawa K, Kamada T
- Issue date: 2017 Oct