Machine QA for the Elekta Unity system: a report from the Elekta MR-Linac consortium
AuthorsRoberts, D. A.
Vesanen, P. T.
Hanson, I. M.
Lim, S. B.
Woodings, S. W.
Wolthaus, J. W. H.
Budgell, Geoff J
Li, X. A.
AffiliationElekta Limited, Cornerstone, London Road, Crawley, RH10 9BL
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver the last few years magnetic resonance image guided radiotherapy systems have been introduced into the clinic, allowing for daily online plan adaption. While quality assurance (QA) is similar to conventional radiotherapy systems, there is a need to introduce or modify measurement techniques. As yet, there is no consensus guidance on the QA equipment and test requirements for such systems. Therefore, this report provides an overview of QA equipment and techniques for mechanical, dosimetric, and imaging performance of such systems and recommendation of the QA procedures, particularly for a 1.5 T MR-Linac device. An overview of the system design and considerations for QA measurements, particularly the effect of the machine geometry and magnetic field on the radiation beam measurements is given. The effect of the magnetic field on measurement equipment and methods is reviewed to provide a foundation for interpreting measurement results and devising appropriate methods. And lastly, a consensus overview of recommended QA, appropriate methods and tolerances is provided based on conventional QA protocols. The aim of this consensus work is to provide a foundation for QA protocols, comparative studies of system performance, and for future development of QA protocols and measurement methods.
CitationRoberts DA, Sandin C, Vesanen PT, Lee H, Hanson IM, Nill S, et al. Machine QA for the Elekta Unity system: A Report from the Elekta MR-linac consortium. Med Phys. 2021.
- A daily end-to-end quality assurance workflow for MR-guided online adaptive radiation therapy on MR-Linac.
- Authors: Chen X, Ahunbay E, Paulson ES, Chen G, Li XA
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Dosimetric performance of the Elekta Unity MR-linac system: 2D and 3D dosimetry in anthropomorphic inhomogeneous geometry.
- Authors: Pappas E, Kalaitzakis G, Boursianis T, Zoros E, Zourari K, Pappas EP, Makris D, Seimenis I, Efstathopoulos E, Maris TG
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 22
- Characterization and longitudinal assessment of daily quality assurance for an MR-guided radiotherapy (MRgRT) linac.
- Authors: Mittauer KE, Dunkerley DAP, Yadav P, Bayouth JE
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Feasibility study of performing IGRT system daily QA using a commercial QA device.
- Authors: Peng JL, Kahler D, Li JG, Amdur RJ, Vanek KN, Liu C
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 1
- Pixel response-based EPID dosimetry for patient specific QA.
- Authors: Han B, Ding A, Lu M, Xing L
- Issue date: 2017 Jan