Brief report: Four-year survival with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC - an update from the PACIFIC trial
Vansteenkiste, J. F.
Spigel, D. R.
Garassino, M. C.
Wu, Y. L.
Gray, J. E.
Lee, K. H.
Cho, B. C.
de Wit, M.
Antonia, S. J.
AffiliationThe University of Manchester and The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntroduction: In the Phase 3, placebo-controlled PACIFIC trial of patients with unresectable, stage III NSCLC without disease progression after concurrent chemoradiotherapy, consolidative durvalumab was associated with significant improvements in the primary end points of overall survival (OS) (hazard ratio [HR] = 0.68; 95% confidence interval [CI]: 0.53-0.87; p = 0.00251; data cutoff, March 22, 2018) and progression-free survival (PFS) (blinded independent central review; Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors version 1.1) (HR = 0.52; 95% CI: 0.42-65; p < 0.0001; February 13, 2017) with manageable safety. Here, we report updated analyses of OS and PFS, approximately 4 years after the last patient was randomized. Methods: Patients with WHO performance status of 0 or 1 (and any tumor programmed death-ligand 1 status) were randomized (2:1) to intravenous durvalumab (10 mg/kg) or placebo, administered every 2 weeks (≤12 months), stratified by age, sex, and smoking history. OS and PFS were analyzed using a stratified log-rank test in the intent-to-treat population. Medians and 4-year OS and PFS rates were estimated by the Kaplan-Meier method. Results: Overall, 709 of 713 randomized patients received durvalumab (n/N=473/476) or placebo (n/N=236/237). As of March 20, 2020 (median follow-up = 34.2 months; range: 0.2-64.9), updated OS (HR = 0.71; 95% CI: 0.57-0.88) and PFS (HR = 0.55; 95% CI: 0.44-0.67) remained consistent with the primary analyses. The median OS for durvalumab was reached (47.5 mo; placebo, 29.1 months). Estimated 4-year OS rates were 49.6% versus 36.3% for durvalumab versus placebo, and 4-year PFS rates were 35.3% versus 19.5% respectively. Conclusion: These updated exploratory analyses demonstrate durable PFS and sustained OS benefit with durvalumab after chemoradiotherapy. An estimated 49.6% of patients randomized to durvalumab remain alive at 4 years (placebo, 36.3%), and 35.3% remain alive and progression-free (placebo, 19.5%).
CitationFaivre-Finn C, Vicente D, Kurata T, Planchard D, Paz-Ares L, Vansteenkiste JF, et al. Four-Year Survival With Durvalumab After Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC-an Update From the PACIFIC Trial. J Thorac Oncol. 2021.
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Three-Year Overall Survival with Durvalumab after Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC-Update from PACIFIC.
- Authors: Gray JE, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Kurata T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, Cho BC, Planchard D, Paz-Ares L, Faivre-Finn C, Vansteenkiste JF, Spigel DR, Wadsworth C, Taboada M, Dennis PA, Özgüroğlu M, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Outcomes with durvalumab by tumour PD-L1 expression in unresectable, stage III non-small-cell lung cancer in the PACIFIC trial.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, Spira A, Raben D, Planchard D, Cho BC, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Hui R, Murakami S, Spigel D, Senan S, Langer CJ, Perez BA, Boothman AM, Broadhurst H, Wadsworth C, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ, Faivre-Finn C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Overall Survival with Durvalumab after Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III NSCLC.
- Authors: Antonia SJ, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Kurata T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Bourhaba M, Quantin X, Tokito T, Mekhail T, Planchard D, Kim YC, Karapetis CS, Hiret S, Ostoros G, Kubota K, Gray JE, Paz-Ares L, de Castro Carpeño J, Faivre-Finn C, Reck M, Vansteenkiste J, Spigel DR, Wadsworth C, Melillo G, Taboada M, Dennis PA, Özgüroğlu M, PACIFIC Investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 13
- Durvalumab after Chemoradiotherapy in Stage III Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Antonia SJ, Villegas A, Daniel D, Vicente D, Murakami S, Hui R, Yokoi T, Chiappori A, Lee KH, de Wit M, Cho BC, Bourhaba M, Quantin X, Tokito T, Mekhail T, Planchard D, Kim YC, Karapetis CS, Hiret S, Ostoros G, Kubota K, Gray JE, Paz-Ares L, de Castro Carpeño J, Wadsworth C, Melillo G, Jiang H, Huang Y, Dennis PA, Özgüroğlu M, PACIFIC Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 16
- Impact of prior chemoradiotherapy-related variables on outcomes with durvalumab in unresectable Stage III NSCLC (PACIFIC).
- Authors: Faivre-Finn C, Spigel DR, Senan S, Langer C, Perez BA, Özgüroğlu M, Daniel D, Villegas A, Vicente D, Hui R, Murakami S, Paz-Ares L, Broadhurst H, Wadsworth C, Dennis PA, Antonia SJ
- Issue date: 2021 Jan