The Angelina Jolie effect: Contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy trends in patients at increased risk of breast cancer
AuthorsBasu, N. N.
Kirwan, C. C.
Howell, Sacha J
Baildam, A. D.
Evans, D Gareth R
AffiliationUniversity of Birmingham, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBasu NN, Hodson J, Chatterjee S, Gandhi A, Wisely J, Harvey J, et al. The Angelina Jolie effect: Contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy trends in patients at increased risk of breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2021;11(1):2847.
- Risk-reducing mastectomy for the prevention of primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Carbine NE, Lostumbo L, Wallace J, Ko H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 5
- Contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers and other high-risk women in the Kathleen Cuningham Foundation Consortium for Research into Familial Breast Cancer (kConFab).
- Authors: Kiely BE, Jenkins MA, McKinley JM, Friedlander ML, Weideman P, Milne RL, McLachlan SA, Hopper JL, Phillips KA
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy in young breast cancer patients with and without genetic cancer risk assessment.
- Authors: Mai PL, Lagos VI, Palomares MR, Weitzel JN
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Contralateral mastectomy improves survival in women with BRCA1/2-associated breast cancer.
- Authors: Evans DG, Ingham SL, Baildam A, Ross GL, Lalloo F, Buchan I, Howell A
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Improved overall survival after contralateral risk-reducing mastectomy in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers with a history of unilateral breast cancer: a prospective analysis.
- Authors: Heemskerk-Gerritsen BA, Rookus MA, Aalfs CM, Ausems MG, Collée JM, Jansen L, Kets CM, Keymeulen KB, Koppert LB, Meijers-Heijboer HE, Mooij TM, Tollenaar RA, Vasen HF, HEBON., Hooning MJ, Seynaeve C
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 1