A practical guide to cancer subclonal reconstruction from DNA sequencing
Deshwar, A. G.
Ni Leathlobhair, M.
Wedge, David C
Van Loo, P.
Morris, Q. D.
Boutros, P. C.
AffiliationThe Francis Crick Institute, London, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSubclonal reconstruction from bulk tumor DNA sequencing has become a pillar of cancer evolution studies, providing insight into the clonality and relative ordering of mutations and mutational processes. We provide an outline of the complex computational approaches used for subclonal reconstruction from single and multiple tumor samples. We identify the underlying assumptions and uncertainties in each step and suggest best practices for analysis and quality assessment. This guide provides a pragmatic resource for the growing user community of subclonal reconstruction methods.
CitationTarabichi M, Salcedo A, Deshwar AG, Ni Leathlobhair M, Wintersinger J, Wedge DC, et al. A practical guide to cancer subclonal reconstruction from DNA sequencing. Nat Methods. 2021.
- SubClonal Hierarchy Inference from Somatic Mutations: Automatic Reconstruction of Cancer Evolutionary Trees from Multi-region Next Generation Sequencing.
- Authors: Niknafs N, Beleva-Guthrie V, Naiman DQ, Karchin R
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Principles of Reconstructing the Subclonal Architecture of Cancers.
- Authors: Dentro SC, Wedge DC, Van Loo P
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- MixClone: a mixture model for inferring tumor subclonal populations.
- Authors: Li Y, Xie X
- Issue date: 2015
- A community effort to create standards for evaluating tumor subclonal reconstruction.
- Authors: Salcedo A, Tarabichi M, Espiritu SMG, Deshwar AG, David M, Wilson NM, Dentro S, Wintersinger JA, Liu LY, Ko M, Sivanandan S, Zhang H, Zhu K, Ou Yang TH, Chilton JM, Buchanan A, Lalansingh CM, P'ng C, Anghel CV, Umar I, Lo B, Zou W, DREAM SMC-Het Participants., Simpson JT, Stuart JM, Anastassiou D, Guan Y, Ewing AD, Ellrott K, Wedge DC, Morris Q, Van Loo P, Boutros PC
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Tree inference for single-cell data.
- Authors: Jahn K, Kuipers J, Beerenwinkel N
- Issue date: 2016 May 5