Management of penile cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic: An eUROGEN accelerated Delphi consensus study
AuthorsCakir, O. O.
Alnajjar, H. M.
Jakobsen, J. K.
Johansen, T. E. B.
Mitra, A. V.
Parnham, Arie S
Sangar, Vijay K
AffiliationDepartment of Urology, University College London Hospital, London, United Kingdom; Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, University College London, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObjectives: To develop an international consensus on managing penile cancer patients during the COVID-19 acute waves. A major concern for patients with penile cancer during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is how the enforced safety measures will affect their disease management. Delays in diagnosis and treatment initiation may have an impact on the extent of the primary lesion as well as the cancer-specific survival because of the development and progression of inguinal lymph node metastases. Materials and methods: A review of the COVID-19 literature was conducted in conjunction with analysis of current international guidelines on the management of penile cancer. Results were presented to an international panel of experts on penile cancer and infection control by a virtual accelerated Delphi process using 4 survey rounds. Consensus opinion was defined as an agreement of ≥80%, which was used to reconfigure management pathways for penile cancer. Results: Limited evidence is available for delaying penile cancer management. The consensus rate of agreement was 100% that penile cancer pathways should be reconfigured, and measures should be developed to prevent perioperative nosocomial transmission of COVID-19. The panel also reached a consensus on several statements aimed at reconfiguring the management of penile cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Conclusions: The international consensus panel proposed a framework for the diagnostic and invasive therapeutic procedures for penile cancer within a low-risk environment for COVID-19
CitationCakir OO, Castiglione F, Tandogdu Z, Collins J, Alnajjar HM, Akers C, et al. Management of penile cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic: An eUROGEN accelerated Delphi consensus study. Urol Oncol. 2021.
- Management of patients who opt for radical prostatectomy during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: an international accelerated consensus statement.
- Authors: Tandogdu Z, Collins J, Shaw G, Rohn J, Koves B, Sachdeva A, Ghazi A, Haese A, Mottrie A, Kumar A, Sivaraman A, Tewari A, Challacombe B, Rocco B, Giedelman C, Wagner C, Rogers CG, Murphy DG, Pushkar D, Ogaya-Pinies G, Porter J, Seetharam KR, Graefen M, Orvieto MA, Moschovas MC, Schatloff O, Wiklund P, Coelho R, Valero R, de Reijke TM, Ahlering T, Rogers T, van der Poel HG, Patel V, Artibani W, Wagenlehner F, Maes K, Rha KH, Nathan S, Bjerklund Johansen TE, Hawkey P, Kelly J
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- Expert consensus statements for the management of COVID-19-related acute respiratory failure using a Delphi method.
- Authors: Nasa P, Azoulay E, Khanna AK, Jain R, Gupta S, Javeri Y, Juneja D, Rangappa P, Sundararajan K, Alhazzani W, Antonelli M, Arabi YM, Bakker J, Brochard LJ, Deane AM, Du B, Einav S, Esteban A, Gajic O, Galvagno SM Jr, Guérin C, Jaber S, Khilnani GC, Koh Y, Lascarrou JB, Machado FR, Malbrain MLNG, Mancebo J, McCurdy MT, McGrath BA, Mehta S, Mekontso-Dessap A, Mer M, Nurok M, Park PK, Pelosi P, Peter JV, Phua J, Pilcher DV, Piquilloud L, Schellongowski P, Schultz MJ, Shankar-Hari M, Singh S, Sorbello M, Tiruvoipati R, Udy AA, Welte T, Myatra SN
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 16
- International surgical guidance for COVID-19: Validation using an international Delphi process - Cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Aj B, C B, T A, Harper E R, Rl H, Rj E, Welsh Surgical Research Initiative (WSRI) Collaborative.
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Recommendations for Welcoming Back Nursing Home Visitors During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Results of a Delphi Panel.
- Authors: Bergman C, Stall NM, Haimowitz D, Aronson L, Lynn J, Steinberg K, Wasserman M
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Management of the lymph nodes in penile cancer.
- Authors: Heyns CF, Fleshner N, Sangar V, Schlenker B, Yuvaraja TB, van Poppel H
- Issue date: 2010 Aug