Cost-utility analysis of selective internal radiation therapy with Y-90 resin microspheres in hepatocellular carcinoma
AffiliationVisible Analytics, Oxford, OX2 0DP, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: The study assessed the cost-utility of selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) with Y-90 resin microspheres versus sorafenib in UK patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma ineligible for transarterial chemoembolization. Materials & methods: A lifetime partitioned survival model was developed for patients with low tumor burden (≤25%) and good liver function (albumin-bilirubin grade 1). Efficacy, safety and quality of life data were from a European Phase III randomized controlled trial and published studies. Resource use was from registries and clinical surveys. Results: Discounted quality-adjusted life-years were 1.982 and 1.381, and discounted total costs were £29,143 and 30,927, for SIRT and sorafenib, respectively. Conclusion: SIRT has the potential to be a dominant (more efficacious/less costly) or cost-effective alternative to sorafenib in patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma.
CitationMuszbek N, Remak E, Evans R, Brennan VK, Colaone F, Shergill S, et al. Cost-utility analysis of selective internal radiation therapy with Y-90 resin microspheres in hepatocellular carcinoma. Future Oncol. 2020.
- Selective internal radiation therapies for unresectable early-, intermediate- or advanced-stage hepatocellular carcinoma: systematic review, network meta-analysis and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Walton M, Wade R, Claxton L, Sharif-Hurst S, Harden M, Patel J, Rowe I, Hodgson R, Eastwood A
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Treatment options for unresectable HCC with a focus on SIRT with Yttrium-90 resin microspheres.
- Authors: Wang EA, Stein JP, Bellavia RJ, Broadwell SR
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Efficacy and safety of selective internal radiotherapy with yttrium-90 resin microspheres compared with sorafenib in locally advanced and inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (SARAH): an open-label randomised controlled phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Vilgrain V, Pereira H, Assenat E, Guiu B, Ilonca AD, Pageaux GP, Sibert A, Bouattour M, Lebtahi R, Allaham W, Barraud H, Laurent V, Mathias E, Bronowicki JP, Tasu JP, Perdrisot R, Silvain C, Gerolami R, Mundler O, Seitz JF, Vidal V, Aubé C, Oberti F, Couturier O, Brenot-Rossi I, Raoul JL, Sarran A, Costentin C, Itti E, Luciani A, Adam R, Lewin M, Samuel D, Ronot M, Dinut A, Castera L, Chatellier G, SARAH Trial Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Tumor burden and liver function in HCC patient selection for selective internal radiation therapy: SARAH post-hoc study.
- Authors: Palmer DH, Hawkins NS, Vilgrain V, Pereira H, Chatellier G, Ross PJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Pilot randomized trial of selective internal radiation therapy vs. chemoembolization in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Authors: Kolligs FT, Bilbao JI, Jakobs T, Iñarrairaegui M, Nagel JM, Rodriguez M, Haug A, D'Avola D, op den Winkel M, Martinez-Cuesta A, Trumm C, Benito A, Tatsch K, Zech CJ, Hoffmann RT, Sangro B
- Issue date: 2015 Jun