Infantile fibrosarcoma with TPM3-NTRK1 fusion in a boy with Bloom syndrome
AuthorsHuson, S. M.
Evans, D. G.
AffiliationDepartment of Genetic Medicine, St Mary's Hospital, Central Manchester Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBloom syndrome (BS) is a genomic and chromosomal instability disorder with prodigious cancer predisposition caused by pathogenic variants in BLM. We report the clinical and genetic details of a boy who first presented with infantile fibrosarcoma (IFS) at the age of 6 months and subsequently was diagnosed with BS at the age of 9 years. Molecular analysis identified the pathogenic germline BLM sequence variants (c.1642C>T and c.2207_2212delinsTAGATTC). This is the first report of IFS related to BS, for which we show that both BLM alleles are maintained in the tumor and demonstrate a TPM3-NTKR1 fusion transcript in the IFS. Our communication emphasizes the importance of long-term follow up after treatment for pediatric neoplastic conditions, as clues to important genetic entities might manifest later, and the identification of a heritable tumor predisposition often leads to changes in patient surveillance and management.
CitationHuson SM, Staab T, Pereira M, Ward H, Paredes R, Evans DG, et al. Infantile fibrosarcoma with TPM3-NTRK1 fusion in a boy with Bloom syndrome. Fam Cancer. 2020.
- Recurrent BRAF Gene Fusions in a Subset of Pediatric Spindle Cell Sarcomas: Expanding the Genetic Spectrum of Tumors With Overlapping Features With Infantile Fibrosarcoma.
- Authors: Kao YC, Fletcher CDM, Alaggio R, Wexler L, Zhang L, Sung YS, Orhan D, Chang WC, Swanson D, Dickson BC, Antonescu CR
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- First Two Cases of Bloom Syndrome in Russia: Lack of Skin Manifestations in a <i>BLM</i> c.1642C>T (p.Q548X) Homozygote as a Likely Cause of Underdiagnosis.
- Authors: Suspitsin EN, Sibgatullina FI, Lyazina LV, Imyanitov EN
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Refractory and metastatic infantile fibrosarcoma harboring <i>LMNA-NTRK1</i> fusion shows complete and durable response to crizotinib.
- Authors: Bender J, Anderson B, Bloom DA, Rabah R, McDougall R, Vats P, Mody R
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Acute myeloid leukaemia after treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in girl with Bloom syndrome.
- Authors: Adams M, Jenney M, Lazarou L, White R, Birdsall S, Staab T, Schindler D, Meyer S
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 18
- A common nonsense mutation of the BLM gene and prostate cancer risk and survival.
- Authors: Antczak A, Kluźniak W, Wokołorczyk D, Kashyap A, Jakubowska A, Gronwald J, Huzarski T, Byrski T, Dębniak T, Masojć B, Górski B, Gromowski T, Nagorna A, Gołąb A, Sikorski A, Słojewski M, Gliniewicz B, Borkowski T, Borkowski A, Przybyła J, Sosnowski M, Małkiewicz B, Zdrojowy R, Sikorska-Radek P, Matych J, Wilkosz J, Różański W, Kiś J, Bar K, Domagała P, Stawicka M, Milecki P, Akbari MR, Narod SA, Lubiński J, Cybulski C, Polish Hereditary Prostate Cancer Consortium., Other members of the Polish Hereditary Prostate Cancer Consortium., Bryniarski P, Paradysz A, Jersak K, Niemirowicz J, Słupski P, Jarzemski P, Skrzypczyk M, Dobruch J, Domagała W, Chosia M, van de Wetering T, Serrano-Fernández P, Puszyński M, Soczawa M, Switała J, Archimowicz S, Kordowski M, Zyczkowski M, Borówka A, Bagińska J, Krajka K, Szwiec M, Haus O, Janiszewska H, Stembalska A, Sąsiadek MM
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 15