Sacral insufficiency fracture following pelvic radiotherapy in gynaecological malignancies: development of a predictive model
Bates, A. S.
AffiliationNeurobiology Division, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAnimal behavior is encoded in neuronal circuits in the brain. To elucidate the function of these circuits, it is necessary to identify, record from and manipulate networks of connected neurons. Here we present BAcTrace (Botulinum-Activated Tracer), a genetically encoded, retrograde, transsynaptic labeling system. BAcTrace is based on Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin A, Botox, which we engineered to travel retrogradely between neurons to activate an otherwise silent transcription factor. We validated BAcTrace at three neuronal connections in the Drosophila olfactory system. We show that BAcTrace-mediated labeling allows electrophysiological recording of connected neurons. Finally, in a challenging circuit with highly divergent connections, BAcTrace correctly identified 12 of 16 connections that were previously observed by electron microscopy.
CitationCachero S, Gkantia M, Bates AS, Frechter S, Blackie L, McCarthy A, et al. BAcTrace, a tool for retrograde tracing of neuronal circuits in Drosophila. Nat Methods. 2020;17(12):1254-61.
- Developmental Coordination during Olfactory Circuit Remodeling in Drosophila.
- Authors: Mayseless O, Berns DS, Yu XM, Riemensperger T, Fiala A, Schuldiner O
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 19
- Developmentally programmed remodeling of the Drosophila olfactory circuit.
- Authors: Marin EC, Watts RJ, Tanaka NK, Ito K, Luo L
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Tracing neuronal circuits in transgenic animals by transneuronal control of transcription (<i>TRACT</i>).
- Authors: Huang TH, Niesman P, Arasu D, Lee D, De La Cruz AL, Callejas A, Hong EJ, Lois C
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 12
- In Vivo Optical Calcium Imaging of Learning-Induced Synaptic Plasticity in Drosophila melanogaster.
- Authors: Hancock CE, Bilz F, Fiala A
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 8
- Mushroom body miscellanea: transgenic Drosophila strains expressing anatomical and physiological sensor proteins in Kenyon cells.
- Authors: Pech U, Dipt S, Barth J, Singh P, Jauch M, Thum AS, Fiala A, Riemensperger T
- Issue date: 2013