A first-in-human phase 1 and pharmacological study of TAS-119, a novel selective Aurora A kinase inhibitor in patients with advanced solid tumours
AuthorsRobbrecht, D. G. J.
de Bono, J. S.
AffiliationErasmus MC Cancer Institute, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBackground: This is a first-in-human study with TAS-119, an Aurora A kinase (AurA) inhibitor. Methods: Patients with advanced, refractory, solid tumours were enrolled into 5 dose escalation cohorts (70-300 mg BID, 4 days on/3 days off, 3 out of 4 weeks or 4 out of 4 weeks). The expansion part consisted of patients with small-cell lung cancer, HER2-negative breast cancer, MYC-amplified/?-catenin-mutated (MT) tumours or other (basket cohort). Results: In the escalation part (n = 34 patients), dose-limiting toxicities were one grade 3 nausea, two grade 2 and one grade 3 ocular toxicity and a combination of fatigue, ocular toxicity and nausea in one patient (all grade 2) at dose levels of 150, 200, 250 and 300 mg, respectively. Most frequent treatment-related adverse events were fatigue (32%), diarrhoea (24%) and ocular toxicity (24%). Toxicity grade ?3 in ?10% of patients were diarrhoea (15%) and increased lipase (12%). The maximum tolerated dose was 250 mg BID. Due to one additional grade 1 ocular toxicity, the RP2D was set at 200 mg BID (4 days on/3 days off, 3 out of 4 weeks), which was further explored in the expansion part (n = 40 patients). Target inhibition in paired skin biopsies was shown. Conclusions: TAS-119 has a favourable and remarkably distinct safety profile from other AurA inhibitors.
CitationRobbrecht DGJ, Lopez J, Calvo E, He X, Hiroshi H, Soni N, et al. A first-in-human phase 1 and pharmacological study of TAS-119, a novel selective Aurora A kinase inhibitor in patients with advanced solid tumours. Br J Cancer. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Phase 1 study of the investigational Aurora A kinase inhibitor alisertib (MLN8237) in East Asian cancer patients: pharmacokinetics and recommended phase 2 dose.
- Authors: Venkatakrishnan K, Kim TM, Lin CC, Thye LS, Chng WJ, Ma B, Chen MH, Zhou X, Liu H, Kelly V, Kim WS
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Investigational Aurora A kinase inhibitor alisertib (MLN8237) as an enteric-coated tablet formulation in non-hematologic malignancies: phase 1 dose-escalation study.
- Authors: Falchook G, Kurzrock R, Gouw L, Hong D, McGregor KA, Zhou X, Shi H, Fingert H, Sharma S
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- First-in human, phase 1, dose-escalation pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of the oral dual PI3K and mTORC1/2 inhibitor PQR309 in patients with advanced solid tumors (SAKK 67/13).
- Authors: Wicki A, Brown N, Xyrafas A, Bize V, Hawle H, Berardi S, Cmiljanović N, Cmiljanović V, Stumm M, Dimitrijević S, Herrmann R, Prêtre V, Ritschard R, Tzankov A, Hess V, Childs A, Hierro C, Rodon J, Hess D, Joerger M, von Moos R, Sessa C, Kristeleit R
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- A first-in-human phase I study of SAR125844, a selective MET tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumours with MET amplification.
- Authors: Angevin E, Spitaleri G, Rodon J, Dotti K, Isambert N, Salvagni S, Moreno V, Assadourian S, Gomez C, Harnois M, Hollebecque A, Azaro A, Hervieu A, Rihawi K, De Marinis F
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Trastuzumab duocarmazine in locally advanced and metastatic solid tumours and HER2-expressing breast cancer: a phase 1 dose-escalation and dose-expansion study.
- Authors: Banerji U, van Herpen CML, Saura C, Thistlethwaite F, Lord S, Moreno V, Macpherson IR, Boni V, Rolfo C, de Vries EGE, Rottey S, Geenen J, Eskens F, Gil-Martin M, Mommers EC, Koper NP, Aftimos P
- Issue date: 2019 Aug