AuthorsParker, P. J.
Kelly, Joanna R
Soliman, T. N.
Pardo, A. L.
Marshall, J. J. T.
Redmond, J. M.
AffiliationProtein Phosphorylation Laboratory, Francis Crick Institute, London, NW1 1AT, UK; School of Cancer and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guy's Campus, London, SE1 1UL
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAssociated with their roles as targets for tumour promoters, there has been a long-standing interest in how members of the protein kinase C (PKC) family act to modulate cell growth and division. This has generated a great deal of observational data, but has for the most part not afforded clear mechanistic insights into the control mechanisms at play. Here, we review the roles of PKC? in protecting transformed cells from non-disjunction. In this particular cell cycle context, there is a growing understanding of the pathways involved, affording biomarker and interventional insights and opportunities.
CitationParker PJ, Lockwood N, Davis K, Kelly JR, Soliman TN, Pardo AL, et al. A cancer-associated, genome protective programme engaging PKCepsilon. Adv Biol Regul. 2020;78:100759.
JournalAdvances in Biological Regulation
- The Aurora B specificity switch is required to protect from non-disjunction at the metaphase/anaphase transition.
- Authors: Kelly JR, Martini S, Brownlow N, Joshi D, Federico S, Jamshidi S, Kjaer S, Lockwood N, Rahman KM, Fraternali F, Parker PJ, Soliman TN
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 13
- Carbon source-dependent regulation of cell growth by murine protein kinase C epsilon expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Authors: Parissenti AM, Villeneuve D, Kirwan-Rhude A, Busch D
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Diverse dynamics features of novel protein kinase C (PKC) isozymes determine the selectivity of a fluorinated balanol analogue for PKCε.
- Authors: Hardianto A, Khanna V, Liu F, Ranganathan S
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 4
- Distinctive requirement of PKCε in the control of Rho GTPases in epithelial and mesenchymally transformed lung cancer cells.
- Authors: Casado-Medrano V, Barrio-Real L, Wang A, Cooke M, Lopez-Haber C, Kazanietz MG
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- The Aurora kinases: role in cell transformation and tumorigenesis.
- Authors: Katayama H, Brinkley WR, Sen S
- Issue date: 2003 Dec