Trends and development in the antibiotic-resistance of acinetobacter baumannii: a scientometric research study (1991-2019)
AffiliationNon-Coding RNA and Drug Discovery Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province, Chengdu Medical College, Chengdu, Sichuan 610050, People's Republic of China.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractObjective: Data visualization software were used to display and analyze the research status, hotspot and development trend of the antibiotic-resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii objectively and comprehensively, so as to provide guidance and reference for the research of the antibiotic-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Materials and methods: The data of relevant publications on antibiotic-resistant Acinetobacter baumanii from 1991 to 2019 were retrieved from Web of Science (WOS) Core database. VOSviewer and CiteSpace software were used to conduct co-citation visualization network rendering and cluster analysis on the publications' years, authors, countries, institutions, keywords and citations. Results: A total of 3915 valid records on the study of antibiotic-resistant Acinetobacter baumanii were retrieved. The number of relevant publications was increasing year after year. The United States is the most influential country in the field, which works closely with other countries and publishes most of the papers. University of Sydney is the leading institution in this area. Bonomo Robert A publishes most of the papers. There are the highest number of publications in the research areas of antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. "Nucleotide sequence" and "outbreak" were once the hotspots in this field, but recently "bacteriophage", "biofilm" and "colistin resistance" have become the research hotspots. Conclusion: Since 1991, the number of publications on antibiotic-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii has grown rapidly, and various countries and institutions have paid close attention to the problem of antibiotic resistance. Countries, institutions and researchers, which have strong influential power, collaborate with each other closely. The future research direction of antibiotic-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii should lie in the further breakthrough of antibacterial peptides, bacteriophage therapy, CRISPR system and various combined therapies.
CitationLiu X, Wu X, Tang J, Zhang L, Jia X. Trends and Development in the Antibiotic-Resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii: A Scientometric Research Study (1991-2019). Infect Drug Resist. 2020;13:3195-208.
JournalInfection and Drug Resistance
- Current State and Future Directions of Intranasal Delivery Route for Central Nervous System Disorders: A Scientometric and Visualization Analysis.
- Authors: Wu H, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Tong L, Wang F, Song S, Xu L, Liu B, Yan H, Sun Z
- Issue date: 2021
- [Progress of intensive care unit delirium research from 2010 to 2020: analysis based on knowledge visualization].
- Authors: Lu Z, Xu Y, Zhang J, Xiao W, Hua T, Yang M
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- [Visualization analysis on treatment of coronavirus based on knowledge graph].
- Authors: Yi W, Wang Y, Tang J, Xiong X, Zhang Y, Yan S
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Trend of extensively drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii and the remaining therapeutic options: a multicenter study in Tehran, Iran over a 3-year period.
- Authors: Jasemi S, Douraghi M, Adibhesami H, Zeraati H, Rahbar M, Boroumand MA, Aliramezani A, Ghourchian S, Mohammadzadeh M
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Research Trends and Hotspot Analysis of Conjunctival Bacteria Based on CiteSpace Software.
- Authors: Wang Z, Huang C, Li X
- Issue date: 2020