Patient age and risk of recurrence of primary melanoma at high risk of spread
Hughes, M. C. B.
von Schuckmann, L. A.
Beesley, V. L.
Smithers, B. M.
Green, Adèle C
AffiliationOslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMelanoma is more aggressive with poorer outcomes in older than younger patients. Older age has been associated with greater tumour thickness, higher rates of ulceration, and high mitotic rates,1,2 but it is not clear whether poorer outcomes in the elderly are solely due to these tumour-specific features or to additional effects of age-related decline in in immune surveillance, greater comorbidity, and age-related behaviours such as delayed diagnosis.
CitationGhiasvand R, Khosrotehrani K, Hughes MCB, von Schuckmann LA, Beesley VL, Malt M, et al. Patient age and risk of recurrence of primary melanoma at high risk of spread. Br J Dermatol. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Dermatology
- Ultrasound, CT, MRI, or PET-CT for staging and re-staging of adults with cutaneous melanoma.
- Authors: Dinnes J, Ferrante di Ruffano L, Takwoingi Y, Cheung ST, Nathan P, Matin RN, Chuchu N, Chan SA, Durack A, Bayliss SE, Gulati A, Patel L, Davenport C, Godfrey K, Subesinghe M, Traill Z, Deeks JJ, Williams HC, Cochrane Skin Cancer Diagnostic Test Accuracy Group.
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Prognostic significance of tumor-associated lymphangiogenesis in malignant melanomas of the conjunctiva.
- Authors: Heindl LM, Hofmann-Rummelt C, Adler W, Bosch JJ, Holbach LM, Naumann GO, Kruse FE, Cursiefen C
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Melanoma Sequentially Suppresses Different DC Subsets in the Sentinel Lymph Node, Affecting Disease Spread and Recurrence.
- Authors: van den Hout MFCM, Koster BD, Sluijter BJR, Molenkamp BG, van de Ven R, van den Eertwegh AJM, Scheper RJ, van Leeuwen PAM, van den Tol MP, de Gruijl TD
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Risk of Melanoma Recurrence After Diagnosis of a High-Risk Primary Tumor.
- Authors: von Schuckmann LA, Hughes MCB, Ghiasvand R, Malt M, van der Pols JC, Beesley VL, Khosrotehrani K, Smithers BM, Green AC
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 1
- Clinical and pathologic factors associated with subclinical spread of invasive melanoma.
- Authors: Shin TM, Shaikh WR, Etzkorn JR, Sobanko JF, Margolis DJ, Gelfand JM, Chu EY, Elenitsas R, Miller CJ
- Issue date: 2017 Apr