When what you see is not always what you get: raising the bar of evidence for new diagnostic imaging modalities
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium; Division of Radiotherapy and Imaging, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK. Electronic address: email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEven though prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA)-positron emission tomography (PET)-computed tomography (CT) is more accurate than conventional imaging in prostate cancer patients, its impact on patient-relevant outcomes is unknown. We argue that more evidence is required before using PSMA-PET-CT as the standard of care for staging.
CitationSundahl N, Gillessen S, Sweeney C, Ost P. When What You See Is Not Always What You Get: Raising the Bar of Evidence for New Diagnostic Imaging Modalities. Eur Urol. 2020.
- A Prospective Comparison of <sup>18</sup>F-prostate-specific Membrane Antigen-1007 Positron Emission Tomography Computed Tomography, Whole-body 1.5 T Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Diffusion-weighted Imaging, and Single-photon Emission Computed Tomography/Computed Tomography with Traditional Imaging in Primary Distant Metastasis Staging of Prostate Cancer (PROSTAGE).
- Authors: Anttinen M, Ettala O, Malaspina S, Jambor I, Sandell M, Kajander S, Rinta-Kiikka I, Schildt J, Saukko E, Rautio P, Timonen KL, Matikainen T, Noponen T, Saunavaara J, Löyttyniemi E, Taimen P, Kemppainen J, Dean PB, Blanco Sequeiros R, Aronen HJ, Seppänen M, Boström PJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 13
- Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Compared with Conventional Imaging for Initial Staging of Treatment-naïve Intermediate- and High-risk Prostate Cancer: A Retrospective Single-center Study.
- Authors: Lenis AT, Pooli A, Lec PM, Sadun TY, Johnson DC, Lebacle C, Fendler WP, Eiber M, Czernin J, Reiter RE, Calais J
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 18
- Is Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Imaging Cost-effective in Prostate Cancer: An Analysis Informed by the proPSMA Trial.
- Authors: de Feria Cardet RE, Hofman MS, Segard T, Yim J, Williams S, Francis RJ, Frydenberg M, Lawrentschuk N, Murphy DG, De Abreu Lourenco R
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- <sup>68</sup>Ga-Labeled Prostate-specific Membrane Antigen Ligand Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography for Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Authors: von Eyben FE, Picchio M, von Eyben R, Rhee H, Bauman G
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- More advantages in detecting bone and soft tissue metastases from prostate cancer using <sup>18</sup>F-PSMA PET/CT.
- Authors: Pianou NK, Stavrou PZ, Vlontzou E, Rondogianni P, Exarhos DN, Datseris IE
- Issue date: 2019 Jan-Apr