Phase 1/2a study of Lu-177-lilotomab satetraxetan in relapsed/refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Illidge, Timothy M
Fagerli, U. M.
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, Oslo University Hospital, Radiumhospitalet, Oslo, Norway
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFor patients with indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma who fail initial anti-CD20-based immunochemotherapy or develop relapsed or refractory disease, there remains a significant unmet clinical need for new therapeutic approaches to improve outcomes and quality of life. 177Lu-lilotomab satetraxetan is a next-generation single-dose CD37-directed radioimmunotherapy (RIT) which was investigated in a phase 1/2a study in 74 patients with relapsed/refractory indolent non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma, including 57 patients with follicular lymphoma (FL). To improve targeting of 177Lu-lilotomab satetraxetan to tumor tissue and decrease hematologic toxicity, its administration was preceded by the anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab and the "cold" anti-CD37 antibody lilotomab. The most common adverse events (AEs) were reversible grade 3/4 neutropenia (31.6%) and thrombocytopenia (26.3%) with neutrophil and platelet count nadirs 5 to 7 weeks after RIT. The most frequent nonhematologic AE was grade 1/2 nausea (15.8%). With a single administration, the overall response rate was 61% (65% in patients with FL), including 30% complete responses. For FL with ≥2 prior therapies (n = 37), the overall response rate was 70%, including 32% complete responses. For patients with rituximab-refractory FL ≥2 prior therapies (n = 21), the overall response rate was 67%, and the complete response rate was 24%. The overall median duration of response was 13.6 months (32.0 months for patients with a complete response). 177Lu-lilotomab satetraxetan may provide a valuable alternative treatment approach in relapsed/refractory non-Hodgkin lymphoma, particularly in patients with comorbidities unsuitable for more intensive approaches. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT01796171.
CitationKolstad A, Illidge T, Bolstad N, Spetalen S, Madsbu U, Stokke C, et al. Phase 1/2a study of 177Lu-lilotomab satetraxetan in relapsed/refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood Adv. 2020;4(17):4091-101.
- Red Marrow-Absorbed Dose for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients Treated with 177Lu-Lilotomab Satetraxetan, a Novel Anti-CD37 Antibody-Radionuclide Conjugate.
- Authors: Blakkisrud J, Løndalen A, Dahle J, Turner S, Holte H, Kolstad A, Stokke C
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- <sup>177</sup>Lu-Lilotomab Satetraxetan Has the Potential to Counteract Resistance to Rituximab in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Authors: Malenge MM, Patzke S, Ree AH, Stokke T, Ceuppens P, Middleton B, Dahle J, Repetto-Llamazares AHV
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Pre-dosing with lilotomab prior to therapy with <sup>177</sup>Lu-lilotomab satetraxetan significantly increases the ratio of tumor to red marrow absorbed dose in non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients.
- Authors: Stokke C, Blakkisrud J, Løndalen A, Dahle J, Martinsen ACT, Holte H, Kolstad A
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Rituximab: a review of its use in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
- Authors: Plosker GL, Figgitt DP
- Issue date: 2003
- Tumor-Absorbed Dose for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients Treated with the Anti-CD37 Antibody Radionuclide Conjugate 177Lu-Lilotomab Satetraxetan.
- Authors: Blakkisrud J, Løndalen A, Martinsen AC, Dahle J, Holtedahl JE, Bach-Gansmo T, Holte H, Kolstad A, Stokke C
- Issue date: 2017 Jan