Adjuvant tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy improves outcome for children and adolescents with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who have an ABL-class fusion
AuthorsMoorman, A. V.
Kirkwood, A. A.
van Delft, F. W.
Harrison, C. J.
AffiliationWolfson Childhood Cancer Centre, Translational and Clinical Research Institute, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with an ABL-class fusion have a high risk of relapse on standard chemotherapy but are sensitive to tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI). In UKALL2011, we screened patients with post-induction MRD ≥1% and positive patients (12%) received adjuvant TKI. As the intervention started during UKALL2011, not all eligible patients were screened prospectively. Retrospective screening of eligible patients allowed the outcome of equivalent ABL-class patients who did and did not receive a TKI in first remission to be compared. ABL-class patients who received a TKI in first remission had a reduced risk of relapse/refractory disease: 0% vs. 63% at four years (P = 0·009).
CitationMoorman AV, Schwab C, Winterman E, Hancock J, Castleton A, Cummins M, et al. Adjuvant tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy improves outcome for children and adolescents with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia who have an ABL-class fusion. Br J Haematol. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Outcomes of paediatric patients with B-cell acute lymphocytic leukaemia with ABL-class fusion in the pre-tyrosine-kinase inhibitor era: a multicentre, retrospective, cohort study.
- Authors: den Boer ML, Cario G, Moorman AV, Boer JM, de Groot-Kruseman HA, Fiocco M, Escherich G, Imamura T, Yeoh A, Sutton R, Dalla-Pozza L, Kiyokawa N, Schrappe M, Roberts KG, Mullighan CG, Hunger SP, Vora A, Attarbaschi A, Zaliova M, Elitzur S, Cazzaniga G, Biondi A, Loh ML, Pieters R, Ponte di Legno Childhood ALL Working Group.
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Efficacy of tyrosine kinase inhibitors in Ph-like acute lymphoblastic leukemia harboring ABL-class rearrangements.
- Authors: Tanasi I, Ba I, Sirvent N, Braun T, Cuccuini W, Ballerini P, Duployez N, Tanguy-Schmidt A, Tamburini J, Maury S, Doré E, Himberlin C, Duclos C, Chevallier P, Rousselot P, Bonifacio M, Cavé H, Baruchel A, Dombret H, Soulier J, Landman-Parker J, Boissel N, Clappier E
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 17
- SFPQ-ABL1-positive B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemias.
- Authors: Biloglav A, Olsson-Arvidsson L, Theander J, Behrendtz M, Castor A, Johansson B
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitor prophylaxis after transplant for Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Akahoshi Y, Nishiwaki S, Mizuta S, Ohashi K, Uchida N, Tanaka M, Fukuda T, Ozawa Y, Takahashi S, Onizuka M, Shiratori S, Nakamae H, Kanda Y, Ichinohe T, Atsuta Y, Kako S, Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Working Group of the Japan Society for Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation.
- Issue date: 2019 Oct
- Relapses and treatment-related events contributed equally to poor prognosis in children with ABL-class fusion positive B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated according to AIEOP-BFM protocols.
- Authors: Cario G, Leoni V, Conter V, Attarbaschi A, Zaliova M, Sramkova L, Cazzaniga G, Fazio G, Sutton R, Elitzur S, Izraeli S, Lauten M, Locatelli F, Basso G, Buldini B, Bergmann AK, Lentes J, Steinemann D, Göhring G, Schlegelberger B, Haas OA, Schewe D, Buchmann S, Moericke A, White D, Revesz T, Stanulla M, Mann G, Bodmer N, Arad-Cohen N, Zuna J, Valsecchi MG, Zimmermann M, Schrappe M, Biondi A
- Issue date: 2020 Jul