Bronstein, M. D.
Formenti, A. M.
Heaney, A. P.
Ho, K. K. Y.
Ioachimescu, A. G.
Pereira, A. M.
Samson, S. L.
Trainer, Peter J
Vance, M. L.
Wierman, M. E.
Yuen, K. C. J.
Zatelli, M. C.
AffiliationInstitute of Endocrine and Metabolic Sciences, San Raffaele Vita-Salute University, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe 13th Acromegaly Consensus Conference was held in November 2019 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and comprised acromegaly experts including endocrinologists and neurosurgeons who considered optimal approaches for multidisciplinary acromegaly management. Focused discussions reviewed techniques, results, and side effects of surgery, radiotherapy, and medical therapy, and how advances in technology and novel techniques have changed the way these modalities are used alone or in combination. Effects of treatment on patient outcomes were considered, along with strategies for optimizing and personalizing therapeutic approaches. Expert consensus recommendations emphasize how best to implement available treatment options as part of a multidisciplinary approach at Pituitary Tumor Centers of Excellence.
CitationGiustina A, Barkhoudarian G, Beckers A, Ben-Shlomo A, Biermasz N, Biller B, et al. Multidisciplinary management of acromegaly: A consensus. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2020.
JournalReviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disordorders
- AACE Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice for the diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Cook DM, Ezzat S, Katznelson L, Kleinberg DL, Laws ER Jr, Nippoldt TB, Swearingen B, Vance ML, AACE Acromegaly Guidelines Task Force
- Issue date: 2004 May-Jun
- Multi-modal management of acromegaly: a value perspective.
- Authors: Kimmell KT, Weil RJ, Marko NF
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Modern treatment of acromegaly.
- Authors: Merza Z
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- Management of acromegaly: is there a role for primary medical therapy?
- Authors: Bush ZM, Vance ML
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly and its complications: consensus guidelines.
- Authors: Bonadonna S, Doga M, Gola M, Mazziotti G, Giustina A
- Issue date: 2005