ESMO consensus conference recommendations on the management of locoregional melanoma: the ESMO Guidelines Committee
van Akkooi, ACJ
Lorigan, Paul C
Ascierto, P. A.
Blank, C. U.
Sileni, V. C.
Faries, M. B.
Grob, J. J.
Hayes, A. J.
Bagge, R. O.
Sondak, V. K.
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, University Hospital Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) held a consensus conference on melanoma on 5-7 September 2019 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The conference included a multidisciplinary panel of 32 leading experts in the management of melanoma. The aim of the conference was to develop recommendations on topics that are not covered in detail in the current ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline and where available evidence is either limited or conflicting. The main topics identified for discussion were: (i) the management of locoregional disease; (ii) targeted versus immunotherapies in the adjuvant setting; (iii) targeted versus immunotherapies for the first-line treatment of metastatic melanoma; (iv) when to stop immunotherapy or targeted therapy in the metastatic setting; and (v) systemic versus local treatment of brain metastases. The expert panel was divided into five working groups in order to each address questions relating to one of the five topics outlined above. Relevant scientific literature was reviewed in advance. Recommendations were developed by the working groups and then presented to the entire panel for further discussion and amendment before voting. This manuscript presents the results relating to the management of locoregional melanoma, including findings from the expert panel discussions, consensus recommendations and a summary of evidence supporting each recommendation. All participants approved the final manuscript. Keywords: adjuvant; consensus; immunotherapy; melanoma; targeted therapy; treatment.
CitationMichielin O, van Akkooi A, Lorigan P, Ascierto PA, Dummer R, Robert C, et al. ESMO consensus conference recommendations on the management of locoregional melanoma: under the auspices of the ESMO Guidelines Committee. Ann Oncol. 2020.
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- ESMO consensus conference recommendations on the management of metastatic melanoma: under the auspices of the ESMO Guidelines Committee.
- Authors: Keilholz U, Ascierto PA, Dummer R, Robert C, Lorigan P, van Akkooi A, Arance A, Blank CU, Chiarion Sileni V, Donia M, Faries MB, Gaudy-Marqueste C, Gogas H, Grob JJ, Guckenberger M, Haanen J, Hayes AJ, Hoeller C, Lebbé C, Lugowska I, Mandalà M, Márquez-Rodas I, Nathan P, Neyns B, Olofsson Bagge R, Puig S, Rutkowski P, Schilling B, Sondak VK, Tawbi H, Testori A, Michielin O
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- ESMO Consensus Conference on testicular germ cell cancer: diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.
- Authors: Honecker F, Aparicio J, Berney D, Beyer J, Bokemeyer C, Cathomas R, Clarke N, Cohn-Cedermark G, Daugaard G, Dieckmann KP, Fizazi K, Fosså S, Germa-Lluch JR, Giannatempo P, Gietema JA, Gillessen S, Haugnes HS, Heidenreich A, Hemminki K, Huddart R, Jewett MAS, Joly F, Lauritsen J, Lorch A, Necchi A, Nicolai N, Oing C, Oldenburg J, Ondruš D, Papachristofilou A, Powles T, Sohaib A, Ståhl O, Tandstad T, Toner G, Horwich A
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 1
- ESMO consensus conference on malignant lymphoma: general perspectives and recommendations for prognostic tools in mature B-cell lymphomas and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
- Authors: Ladetto M, Buske C, Hutchings M, Dreyling M, Gaidano G, Le Gouill S, Luminari S, Pott C, Zamò A, Zucca E, ESMO Lymphoma Consensus Conference Panel Members.
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- ESMO Consensus Conference on malignant lymphoma: management of 'ultra-high-risk' patients.
- Authors: Hutchings M, Ladetto M, Buske C, de Nully Brown P, Ferreri AJM, Pfreundschuh M, Schmitz N, Balari AS, van Imhoff G, Walewski J, ESMO Lymphoma Consensus Conference Panel Members.
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 1
- ESMO Consensus Conference on malignant lymphoma: general perspectives and recommendations for the clinical management of the elderly patient with malignant lymphoma.
- Authors: Buske C, Hutchings M, Ladetto M, Goede V, Mey U, Soubeyran P, Spina M, Stauder R, Trněný M, Wedding U, Fields P, ESMO Lymphoma Consensus Conference Panel Members.
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 1