AuthorsManoj Gowda, S.
Kabeer, K. K.
Brunt, A. M.
AffiliationDepartment of Breast Surgery, University Hospitals of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020 has brought about complex challenges in healthcare delivery. With the new rules of lockdown and social distancing and with resources diverted to the management of COVID-19, there are difficulties in continuing usual cancer care. Patients are at risk of contracting COVID-19 with a high chance of patient to healthcare transmission and vice versa. Hospital visits, investigations and all modalities of treatment have potential complications that put patients at risk, some more than others. In this situation, there is a need to change our approach in the management of breast cancer to deliver it safely. We present modified guidelines based on the available consensus statements and evidence. Keywords: Breast cancer; Breast surgery; COVID-19; Chemotherapy; Radiotherapy.
CitationManoj Gowda S, Kabeer KK, Jafferbhoy S, Marla S, Soumian S, Misra V, et al. Breast Cancer Management Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Surg. 2020;82(3):251-8.
JournalIndian Journal of Surgery
- A Practical Approach to the Management of Cancer Patients During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: An International Collaborative Group.
- Authors: Al-Shamsi HO, Alhazzani W, Alhuraiji A, Coomes EA, Chemaly RF, Almuhanna M, Wolff RA, Ibrahim NK, Chua MLK, Hotte SJ, Meyers BM, Elfiki T, Curigliano G, Eng C, Grothey A, Xie C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Triaging Interventional Pain Procedures During COVID-19 or Related Elective Surgery Restrictions: Evidence-Informed Guidance from the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP).
- Authors: Gharibo C, Sharma A, Soin A, Shah S, Diwan S, Buenaventura R, Nampiaparampil DE, Aydin S, Bakshi S, Abdi S, Jha SS, Cordner H, Kaye AD, Abd-Elsayed A, Candido KD, Knezevic NN, Atluri S, Wargo BW, Sanapati MR, Datta S, Hirsch JA, Manchikanti L, Rajput K
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Changes in the Management of Malignant Bone Tumors in the COVID-19 Pandemic in Developing Countries.
- Authors: Tiwari V, Sharma PK, Sampath Kumar V, Poudel RR, Meena S, Banjara R
- Issue date: 2022 May
- Adaptation of international coronavirus disease 2019 and breast cancer guidelines to local context.
- Authors: Valencia GA, Neciosup S, Gómez HL, Benites MDP, Falcón S, Moron D, Veliz K, Maldonado M, Auqui R
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 24
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Breast Cancer Management in Portugal: A Cross-Sectional Survey-Based Study of Medical Oncologists.
- Authors: Alpuim Costa D, Nobre JGG, Fernandes JP, Batista MV, Simas A, Sales C, Gouveia H, Ribeiro LA, Coelho A, Brito M, Inácio M, Cruz A, Mariano M, Savva-Bordalo J, Fernandes R, Oliveira A, Chaves A, Fontes-Sousa M, Sampaio-Alves M, Martins-Branco D, Afonso N
- Issue date: 2022 Jun