AuthorsManoj Gowda, S.
Kabeer, K. K.
Brunt, A. M.
AffiliationDepartment of Breast Surgery, University Hospitals of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020 has brought about complex challenges in healthcare delivery. With the new rules of lockdown and social distancing and with resources diverted to the management of COVID-19, there are difficulties in continuing usual cancer care. Patients are at risk of contracting COVID-19 with a high chance of patient to healthcare transmission and vice versa. Hospital visits, investigations and all modalities of treatment have potential complications that put patients at risk, some more than others. In this situation, there is a need to change our approach in the management of breast cancer to deliver it safely. We present modified guidelines based on the available consensus statements and evidence. Keywords: Breast cancer; Breast surgery; COVID-19; Chemotherapy; Radiotherapy.
CitationManoj Gowda S, Kabeer KK, Jafferbhoy S, Marla S, Soumian S, Misra V, et al. Breast Cancer Management Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Surg. 2020;82(3):251-8.
JournalIndian Journal of Surgery
- A Practical Approach to the Management of Cancer Patients During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: An International Collaborative Group.
- Authors: Al-Shamsi HO, Alhazzani W, Alhuraiji A, Coomes EA, Chemaly RF, Almuhanna M, Wolff RA, Ibrahim NK, Chua MLK, Hotte SJ, Meyers BM, Elfiki T, Curigliano G, Eng C, Grothey A, Xie C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Practice Recommendations for Lung Cancer Radiotherapy During the COVID-19 Pandemic: An ESTRO-ASTRO Consensus Statement.
- Authors: Guckenberger M, Belka C, Bezjak A, Bradley J, Daly ME, DeRuysscher D, Dziadziuszko R, Faivre-Finn C, Flentje M, Gore E, Higgins KA, Iyengar P, Kavanagh BD, Kumar S, Le Pechoux C, Lievens Y, Lindberg K, McDonald F, Ramella S, Rengan R, Ricardi U, Rimner A, Rodrigues GB, Schild SE, Senan S, Simone CB 2nd, Slotman BJ, Stuschke M, Videtic G, Widder J, Yom SS, Palma D
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 15
- Strategic assessment of COVID-19 pandemic in Bangladesh: comparative lockdown scenario analysis, public perception, and management for sustainability.
- Authors: Shammi M, Bodrud-Doza M, Islam ARMT, Rahman MM
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 18
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and pregnancy.
- Authors: Dashraath P, Wong JLJ, Lim MXK, Lim LM, Li S, Biswas A, Choolani M, Mattar C, Su LL
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Considerations for the Surgical Management of Early Stage Lung Cancer During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Authors: Merritt RE, Kneuertz PJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 3