AuthorsManoj Gowda, S.
Kabeer, K. K.
Brunt, A. M.
AffiliationDepartment of Breast Surgery, University Hospitals of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020 has brought about complex challenges in healthcare delivery. With the new rules of lockdown and social distancing and with resources diverted to the management of COVID-19, there are difficulties in continuing usual cancer care. Patients are at risk of contracting COVID-19 with a high chance of patient to healthcare transmission and vice versa. Hospital visits, investigations and all modalities of treatment have potential complications that put patients at risk, some more than others. In this situation, there is a need to change our approach in the management of breast cancer to deliver it safely. We present modified guidelines based on the available consensus statements and evidence. Keywords: Breast cancer; Breast surgery; COVID-19; Chemotherapy; Radiotherapy.
CitationManoj Gowda S, Kabeer KK, Jafferbhoy S, Marla S, Soumian S, Misra V, et al. Breast Cancer Management Guidelines During COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Surg. 2020;82(3):251-8.
JournalIndian Journal of Surgery
- Use of Telemedicine for Chronic Liver Disease at a Single Care Center During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Prospective Observational Study.
- Authors: Guarino M, Cossiga V, Fiorentino A, Pontillo G, Morisco F
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 21
- Preparing healthcare facilities to operate safely and effectively during the COVID-19 pandemic: The missing piece in the puzzle.
- Authors: Wilkinson LS, Moosa S, Cooke R, Muller AM, Boyles TH
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 12
- Health Care Delivery for Heart Failure Patients During The COVID-19 Pandemic; A Consensus of The Saudi Heart Failure Working Group (SAUDI-HF).
- Authors: Bakhsh A, AlQaseer M, AlAyoubi F, Bader RS, Alghalayini K, ElAsfar A, Alhabeeb W
- Issue date: 2020
- Impact of the Early Phase of the COVID Pandemic on Cancer Treatment Delivery and the Quality of Cancer Care: A Scoping Review and Conceptual Model.
- Authors: Powis M, Milley-Daigle C, Hack S, Alibhai S, Singh S, Krzyzanowska MK
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 1
- Non-COVID Surgical Emergency During the Nationwide Lockdown due to Corona Pandemic: a Critical Appraisal.
- Authors: Rahul, Verma A, Yadav P, Sharma VK, Sanjeev OP
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 10