Mechanisms of drug resistance mediated by long non-coding RNAs in non-small-cell lung cancer
AffiliationTranscriptional Networks in Lung Cancer Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Alderley Park, Manchester, SK10 4TG, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is the most prevalent form of lung cancer and has a poor five-year survival rate of 15%. Chemotherapy and targeted therapies have significantly improved patients' prognosis. Nevertheless, after a successful initial response, some patients relapse when cancer cells become resistant to drug treatments, representing an important clinical limitation. Therefore, investigating the mechanisms of drug resistance is of significant importance. Recently, considerable attention has been given to long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), a heterogeneous class of regulatory molecules that play essential roles in tumorigenesis by modulating genes and signalling pathways involved in cell growth, metastasis and drug response. In this article, we review recent research findings on the role of lncRNAs in drug resistance in NSCLC, highlighting their mechanisms of action.
CitationLa Montagna M, Ginn L, Garofalo M. Mechanisms of drug resistance mediated by long non-coding RNAs in non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Gene Therapy. 2020.
JournalCancer Gene Therapy
- The functional role of long non-coding RNAs and their underlying mechanisms in drug resistance of non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Zhou H, Feng B, Abudoureyimu M, Lai Y, Lin X, Tian C, Huang G, Chu X, Wang R
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 29
- LncRNAs in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Ginn L, Shi L, Montagna M, Garofalo M
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 30
- Long non-coding RNAs: How to regulate the metastasis of non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Fang C, Wang L, Gong C, Wu W, Yao C, Zhu S
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Long noncoding RNAs: new insights into non-small cell lung cancer biology, diagnosis and therapy.
- Authors: Ricciuti B, Mencaroni C, Paglialunga L, Paciullo F, Crinò L, Chiari R, Metro G
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Roles of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling Pathway Regulatory Long Non-Coding RNAs in the Pathogenesis of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Lin S, Zhen Y, Guan Y, Yi H
- Issue date: 2020