Mechanisms of drug resistance mediated by long non-coding RNAs in non-small-cell lung cancer
AffiliationTranscriptional Networks in Lung Cancer Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Alderley Park, Manchester, SK10 4TG, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is the most prevalent form of lung cancer and has a poor five-year survival rate of 15%. Chemotherapy and targeted therapies have significantly improved patients' prognosis. Nevertheless, after a successful initial response, some patients relapse when cancer cells become resistant to drug treatments, representing an important clinical limitation. Therefore, investigating the mechanisms of drug resistance is of significant importance. Recently, considerable attention has been given to long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs), a heterogeneous class of regulatory molecules that play essential roles in tumorigenesis by modulating genes and signalling pathways involved in cell growth, metastasis and drug response. In this article, we review recent research findings on the role of lncRNAs in drug resistance in NSCLC, highlighting their mechanisms of action.
CitationLa Montagna M, Ginn L, Garofalo M. Mechanisms of drug resistance mediated by long non-coding RNAs in non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Gene Therapy. 2020.
JournalCancer Gene Therapy
- The functional role of long non-coding RNAs and their underlying mechanisms in drug resistance of non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Zhou H, Feng B, Abudoureyimu M, Lai Y, Lin X, Tian C, Huang G, Chu X, Wang R
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 15
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Potential of Circulating Long Non-Coding RNAs in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Peng W, Wang J, Shan B, Peng Z, Dong Y, Shi W, He D, Cheng Y, Zhao W, Zhang C, Li B, Duan C
- Issue date: 2018
- Long non-coding RNAs in lung cancer: implications for lineage plasticity-mediated TKI resistance.
- Authors: Liu T, Han C, Fang P, Zhu H, Wang S, Ma Z, Zhang Q, Xia W, Wang J, Xu L, Yin R
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- New insights into long non-coding RNAs in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Ye R, Tang R, Gan S, Li R, Cheng Y, Guo L, Zeng C, Sun Y
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Transcriptome analysis of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors resistance associated long noncoding RNA in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Ma P, Zhang M, Nie F, Huang Z, He J, Li W, Han L
- Issue date: 2017 Mar