Radio-induced cardiotoxicity: From physiopathology and risk factors to adaptation of radiotherapy treatment planning and recommended cardiac follow-up
AffiliationDepartment of radiation oncology, institut Curie, 75005 Paris, France.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCancer and cardiovascular disease (CVD) are the leading cause of mortality worldwide, and breast cancer (BC) the most common malignancy affecting women worldwide. Radiotherapy is an important component of BC treatment and participates in CVD occurrence. It seems, therefore, crucial to gather both radiation oncology and cardiology medical fields to improve the follow-up quality of our BC patients. This review aims at updating our knowledge regarding cardiotoxicities risk factors, and consequently, doses constraints in case of 3D-conformal and IMRT treatment planning. Then we will develop how to reduce cardiac exposure and what kind of cardiac follow-up we could recommend to our breast cancer patients.
CitationKirova Y, Tallet A, Aznar MC, Loap P, Bouali A, Bourgier C. Radio-induced cardiotoxicity: From physiopathology and risk factors to adaptation of radiotherapy treatment planning and recommended cardiac follow-up. Cancer Radiother. 2020.
- Is mean heart dose a relevant surrogate parameter of left ventricle and coronary arteries exposure during breast cancer radiotherapy: a dosimetric evaluation based on individually-determined radiation dose (BACCARAT study).
- Authors: Jacob S, Camilleri J, Derreumaux S, Walker V, Lairez O, Lapeyre M, Bruguière E, Pathak A, Bernier MO, Laurier D, Ferrieres J, Gallocher O, Latorzeff I, Pinel B, Franck D, Chevelle C, Jimenez G, Broggio D
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 7
- [Doses to organs at risk in conformational radiotherapy and stereotaxic irradiation: The heart].
- Authors: Vandendorpe B, Servagi Vernat S, Ramiandrisoa F, Bazire L, Kirova YM
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Cardiotoxicity associated with radiotherapy in breast cancer: A question-based review with current literatures.
- Authors: Zhu Q, Kirova YM, Cao L, Arsene-Henry A, Chen J
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Early detection of subclinical left ventricular dysfunction after breast cancer radiation therapy using speckle-tracking echocardiography: association between cardiac exposure and longitudinal strain reduction (BACCARAT study).
- Authors: Walker V, Lairez O, Fondard O, Pathak A, Pinel B, Chevelle C, Franck D, Jimenez G, Camilleri J, Panh L, Broggio D, Derreumaux S, Bernier MO, Laurier D, Ferrières J, Jacob S
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 14
- Early detection and prediction of cardiotoxicity after radiation therapy for breast cancer: the BACCARAT prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Jacob S, Pathak A, Franck D, Latorzeff I, Jimenez G, Fondard O, Lapeyre M, Colombier D, Bruguiere E, Lairez O, Fontenel B, Milliat F, Tamarat R, Broggio D, Derreumaux S, Ducassou M, Ferrières J, Laurier D, Benderitter M, Bernier MO
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 7