AuthorsGroot Koerkamp, M. L.
Vasmel, J. E.
Russell, N. S.
Shaitelman, S. F.
Anandadas, Carmel N
Keller, B. M.
Braunstein, L. Z.
Lorenzen, E. L.
Philippens, M. E. P.
Verkooijen, H. M.
Lagendijk, J. J. W.
Houweling, A. C.
van den Bongard, H.
Kirby, A. M.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCurrent research in radiotherapy (RT) for breast cancer is evaluating neoadjuvant as opposed to adjuvant partial breast irradiation (PBI) with the aim of reducing the volume of breast tissue irradiated and therefore the risk of late treatment-related toxicity. The development of magnetic resonance (MR)-guided RT, including dedicated MR-guided RT systems [hybrid machines combining an MR scanner with a linear accelerator (MR-linac) or 60Co sources], could potentially reduce the irradiated volume even further by improving tumour visibility before and during each RT treatment. In this position paper, we discuss MR guidance in relation to each step of the breast RT planning and treatment pathway, focusing on the application of MR-guided RT to neoadjuvant PBI.
CitationGroot Koerkamp ML, Vasmel JE, Russell NS, Shaitelman SF, Anandadas CN, Currey A, et al. Optimizing MR-Guided Radiotherapy for Breast Cancer Patients. Frontiers in Oncology. 2020;10:1107.
JournalFrontiers in Oncology
- Partial breast irradiation with the 1.5 T MR-Linac: First patient treatment and analysis of electron return and stream effects.
- Authors: Nachbar M, Mönnich D, Boeke S, Gani C, Weidner N, Heinrich V, Lo Russo M, Livi L, Winter J, Tsitsekidis S, Dohm O, Thorwarth D, Zips D, De-Colle C
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Characterization and longitudinal assessment of daily quality assurance for an MR-guided radiotherapy (MRgRT) linac.
- Authors: Mittauer KE, Dunkerley DAP, Yadav P, Bayouth JE
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Magnetic resonance imaging in precision radiation therapy for lung cancer.
- Authors: Bainbridge H, Salem A, Tijssen RHN, Dubec M, Wetscherek A, Van Es C, Belderbos J, Faivre-Finn C, McDonald F, lung tumour site group of the international Atlantic MR-Linac Consortium.
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- First 500 Fractions Delivered with a Magnetic Resonance-guided Radiotherapy System: Initial Experience.
- Authors: Sahin B, Zoto Mustafayev T, Gungor G, Aydin G, Yapici B, Atalar B, Ozyar E
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 24
- [Modern radiation therapy planning and image-guided radiotherapy using the example of prostate cancer].
- Authors: Koerber SA, Beuthien-Baumann B
- Issue date: 2021 Jan