Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) 2020 clinical practice recommendations for the management of severe dermatological toxicities from checkpoint inhibitors
Cooksley, Timothy J
Shannon, V. R.
Rapoport, B. L.
Lacouture, M. E.
AffiliationDivision of Oncodermatology, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImmune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) frequently result in cutaneous immune-related adverse events (IrAEs). Although the majority of these events are mild-to-moderate in severity, up to 5% are severe, which may lead to morbidity and dose interruption or discontinuation of ICI therapy. In addition, up to 25% of dermatologic IrAEs are corticosteroid-refractory or corticosteroid-dependent. These 2020 MASCC recommendations cover the diagnosis and management of cutaneous IrAEs with a focus on moderate-to-severe and corticosteroid-resistant events. Although the usage of immune-suppressive therapy has been advocated in this setting, there is a lack of randomized clinical trial data to provide a compelling level of evidence of its therapeutic benefit.
CitationChoi J, Anderson R, Blidner A, Cooksley T, Dougan M, Glezerman I, et al. Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) 2020 clinical practice recommendations for the management of severe dermatological toxicities from checkpoint inhibitors. Supportive Care in Cancer. 2020.
JournalSupportive Care in Cancer
- Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer (MASCC) 2020 clinical practice recommendations for the management of severe gastrointestinal and hepatic toxicities from checkpoint inhibitors.
- Authors: Dougan M, Blidner AG, Choi J, Cooksley T, Glezerman I, Ginex P, Girotra M, Gupta D, Johnson D, Shannon VR, Suarez-Almazor M, Anderson R, Rapoport BL
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 27
- CME Part II: Immune checkpoint inhibitor-related dermatologic adverse events.
- Authors: Geisler AN, Phillips GS, Barrios DM, Wu J, Leung DYM, Moy AP, Kern JA, Lacouture ME
- Issue date: 2020 May 23
- Supportive care for patients undergoing immunotherapy.
- Authors: Rapoport BL, van Eeden R, Sibaud V, Epstein JB, Klastersky J, Aapro M, Moodley D
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Dermatologic Reactions to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors : Skin Toxicities and Immunotherapy.
- Authors: Sibaud V
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Cutaneous Immune-Related Adverse Events (irAEs) to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors: A Dermatology Perspective on Management.
- Authors: Muntyanu A, Netchiporouk E, Gerstein W, Gniadecki R, Litvinov IV
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 3