ILROG emergency guidelines for radiation therapy of hematological malignancies during the COVID-19 pandemic
Illidge, Timothy M
Int Lymphoma Radiation, O
AffiliationMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe International Lymphoma Radiation Oncology Group (ILROG) guidelines for using radiation therapy (RT) in hematological malignancies are widely used in many countries. The emergency situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic may result in limitations of treatment resources. Furthermore, in recognition of the need to also reduce the exposure of patients and staff to potential infection with COVID-19, the ILROG task force has made recommendations for alternative radiation treatment schemes. The emphasis is on maintaining clinical efficacy and safety by increasing the dose per fraction while reducing the number of daily treatments. The guidance is informed by adhering to acceptable radiobiological parameters and clinical tolerability. The options for delaying or omitting RT in some hematological categories are also discussed.
CitationYahalom J, Dabaja BS, Ricardi U, Ng A, Mikhaeel NG, Vogelius IR, et al. ILROG emergency guidelines for radiation therapy of hematological malignancies during the COVID-19 pandemic. Blood. 2020;135(21):1829-32.
- Radiation therapy for gynecologic malignancies during the COVID-19 pandemic: International expert consensus recommendations.
- Authors: Elledge CR, Beriwal S, Chargari C, Chopra S, Erickson BA, Gaffney DK, Jhingran A, Klopp AH, Small W Jr, Yashar CM, Viswanathan AN
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- A Practical Approach to the Management of Cancer Patients During the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: An International Collaborative Group.
- Authors: Al-Shamsi HO, Alhazzani W, Alhuraiji A, Coomes EA, Chemaly RF, Almuhanna M, Wolff RA, Ibrahim NK, Chua MLK, Hotte SJ, Meyers BM, Elfiki T, Curigliano G, Eng C, Grothey A, Xie C
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Australian and New Zealand consensus statement on the management of lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and myeloma during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Authors: Di Ciaccio P, McCaughan G, Trotman J, Ho PJ, Cheah CY, Gangatharan S, Wight J, Ku M, Quach H, Gasiorowski R, Polizzotto MN, Prince HM, Mulligan S, Tam CS, Gregory G, Hapgood G, Spencer A, Dickinson M, Latimer M, Johnston A, Armytage T, Lee C, Cochrane T, Berkhahn L, Weinkove R, Doocey R, Harrison SJ, Webber N, Lee HP, Chapman S, Campbell BA, Gibbs SDJ, Hamad N
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Radiation therapy considerations during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Literature review and expert opinions.
- Authors: Mohindra P, Buckey CR, Chen S, Sio TT, Rong Y
- Issue date: 2020 May