AffiliationDepartment of Palliative & Supportive Care, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis paper describes the case report of a patient admitted to hospital with severe and complex pain and subacute bowel obstruction, who failed to respond to multiple analgesic regimens including ketamine burst and opioid rotation, and was subsequently successfully managed with a parecoxib infusion. Keywords: cancer; drug administration; pain; supportive care.
CitationKellett E, Berman R, Morgan H, Collins J. Parecoxib for opioid-induced hyperalgesia. BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2020.
JournalBMJ Supportive and Palliative Care
- Modulation of remifentanil-induced analgesia and postinfusion hyperalgesia by parecoxib in humans.
- Authors: Tröster A, Sittl R, Singler B, Schmelz M, Schüttler J, Koppert W
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Effects of COX inhibition on experimental pain and hyperalgesia during and after remifentanil infusion in humans.
- Authors: Lenz H, Raeder J, Draegni T, Heyerdahl F, Schmelz M, Stubhaug A
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- The Enigma of Low-Dose Ketamine for Treatment of Opioid-Induced Hyperalgesia in the Setting of Psychosocial Suffering and Cancer-Associated Pain.
- Authors: Willeford A, Atayee RS, Winters KD, Mesarwi P
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Role of Parecoxib Sodium in the Multimodal Analgesia after Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Double-blinded Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Bian YY, Wang LC, Qian WW, Lin J, Jin J, Peng HM, Weng XS
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Low-Dose Ketamine Infusion for Adjunct Management during Vaso-occlusive Episodes in Adults with Sickle Cell Disease: A Case Series.
- Authors: Palm N, Floroff C, Hassig TB, Boylan A, Kanter J
- Issue date: 2018 Mar