Infigratinib in patients with advanced cholangiocarcinoma with FGFR2 gene fusions/translocations: the PROOF 301 trial
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Medicine, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCholangiocarcinoma is an aggressive malignancy with poor overall survival. Approximately 15% of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomas contain FGFR alterations. Infigratinib is an oral FGFR 1-3 kinase inhibitor. Favorable results from a Phase II trial of infigratinib in advanced/metastatic FGFR-altered cholangiocarcinomas has led to its further investigation in the front-line setting. In this article we describe the design, objectives and rationale for PROOF 301, a Phase III multicenter, open label, randomized trial of infigratinib in comparison to standard of care gemcitabine and cisplatin in advanced/metastatic cholangiocarcinoma with FGFR2 translocations. The results of this study have the potential to define a new role for a chemotherapy-free, targeted therapy option in the front-line setting for these patients. Clinical Trial Registration: NCT03773302 (ClincalTrials.gov). Keywords: cholangiocarcinoma; fibroblast growth factor receptor inhibitor; infigratinib; targeted therapy.
CitationMakawita S, G KA-A, Roychowdhury S, Sadeghi S, Borbath I, Goyal L, et al. Infigratinib in patients with advanced cholangiocarcinoma with FGFR2 gene fusions/translocations: the PROOF 301 trial. Future Oncol. 2020.
- Infigratinib (BGJ398): an investigational agent for the treatment of FGFR-altered intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Botrus G, Raman P, Oliver T, Bekaii-Saab T
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Phase II Study of BGJ398 in Patients With FGFR-Altered Advanced Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Javle M, Lowery M, Shroff RT, Weiss KH, Springfeld C, Borad MJ, Ramanathan RK, Goyal L, Sadeghi S, Macarulla T, El-Khoueiry A, Kelley RK, Borbath I, Choo SP, Oh DY, Philip PA, Chen LT, Reungwetwattana T, Van Cutsem E, Yeh KH, Ciombor K, Finn RS, Patel A, Sen S, Porter D, Isaacs R, Zhu AX, Abou-Alfa GK, Bekaii-Saab T
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 20
- Efficacy of FGFR Inhibitors and Combination Therapies for Acquired Resistance in FGFR2-Fusion Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Krook MA, Lenyo A, Wilberding M, Barker H, Dantuono M, Bailey KM, Chen HZ, Reeser JW, Wing MR, Miya J, Samorodnitsky E, Smith AM, Dao T, Martin DM, Ciombor KK, Hays J, Freud AG, Roychowdhury S
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- FIGHT-302: first-line pemigatinib vs gemcitabine plus cisplatin for advanced cholangiocarcinoma with <i>FGFR2</i> rearrangements.
- Authors: Bekaii-Saab TS, Valle JW, Van Cutsem E, Rimassa L, Furuse J, Ioka T, Melisi D, Macarulla T, Bridgewater J, Wasan H, Borad MJ, Abou-Alfa GK, Jiang P, Lihou CF, Zhen H, Asatiani E, Féliz L, Vogel A
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 translocations in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma.
- Authors: Graham RP, Barr Fritcher EG, Pestova E, Schulz J, Sitailo LA, Vasmatzis G, Murphy SJ, McWilliams RR, Hart SN, Halling KC, Roberts LR, Gores GJ, Couch FJ, Zhang L, Borad MJ, Kipp BR
- Issue date: 2014 Aug