AffiliationThe Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAno-uro-genital (AUG) mucosal melanomas are rare cancers associated with poor outcomes and limited evidence-based management. The United Kingdom AUG mucosal melanoma guideline development group used an evidence-based systematic approach to make recommendations regarding the diagnosis, treatment and surveillance of patients diagnosed with AUG mucosal melanomas. The guidelines were sent for international peer review, and are accredited by The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). A summary of the key recommendations is presented. The full documents are available on the Melanoma Focus website. Keywords: Anorectal; Guideline; Melanoma; Mucosal; Penile cancer; Penis; Vulvovaginal.
CitationSmith HG, Bagwan I, Board RE, Capper S, Coupland SE, Glen J, et al. Ano-uro-genital mucosal melanoma UK national guidelines. Eur J Cancer. 2020;135:22-30.
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Head and neck mucosal melanoma: The United Kingdom national guidelines.
- Authors: Nenclares P, Ap Dafydd D, Bagwan I, Begg D, Kerawala C, King E, Lingley K, Paleri V, Paterson G, Payne M, Silva P, Steven N, Turnbull N, Yip K, Harrington KJ
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 20
- Uveal Melanoma UK National Guidelines.
- Authors: Nathan P, Cohen V, Coupland S, Curtis K, Damato B, Evans J, Fenwick S, Kirkpatrick L, Li O, Marshall E, McGuirk K, Ottensmeier C, Pearce N, Salvi S, Stedman B, Szlosarek P, Turnbull N, United Kingdom Uveal Melanoma Guideline Development Working Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS) vulval cancer guidelines: Recommendations for practice.
- Authors: Morrison J, Baldwin P, Buckley L, Cogswell L, Edey K, Faruqi A, Ganesan R, Hall M, Hillaby K, Reed N, Rolland P, Fotopoulou C
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- Economic modelling of diagnostic and treatment pathways in National Institute for Health and Care Excellence clinical guidelines: the Modelling Algorithm Pathways in Guidelines (MAPGuide) project.
- Authors: Lord J, Willis S, Eatock J, Tappenden P, Trapero-Bertran M, Miners A, Crossan C, Westby M, Anagnostou A, Taylor S, Mavranezouli I, Wonderling D, Alderson P, Ruiz F
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Nasty or Nice? Findings from a UK Survey to evaluate the impact of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) clinical guidelines on the management of prostate cancer.
- Authors: Payne H, Clarke N, Huddart R, Parker C, Troup J, Graham J
- Issue date: 2013 Mar