AffiliationThe Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAno-uro-genital (AUG) mucosal melanomas are rare cancers associated with poor outcomes and limited evidence-based management. The United Kingdom AUG mucosal melanoma guideline development group used an evidence-based systematic approach to make recommendations regarding the diagnosis, treatment and surveillance of patients diagnosed with AUG mucosal melanomas. The guidelines were sent for international peer review, and are accredited by The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). A summary of the key recommendations is presented. The full documents are available on the Melanoma Focus website. Keywords: Anorectal; Guideline; Melanoma; Mucosal; Penile cancer; Penis; Vulvovaginal.
CitationSmith HG, Bagwan I, Board RE, Capper S, Coupland SE, Glen J, et al. Ano-uro-genital mucosal melanoma UK national guidelines. Eur J Cancer. 2020;135:22-30.
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Uveal Melanoma UK National Guidelines.
- Authors: Nathan P, Cohen V, Coupland S, Curtis K, Damato B, Evans J, Fenwick S, Kirkpatrick L, Li O, Marshall E, McGuirk K, Ottensmeier C, Pearce N, Salvi S, Stedman B, Szlosarek P, Turnbull N, United Kingdom Uveal Melanoma Guideline Development Working Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Head and neck mucosal melanoma: The United Kingdom national guidelines.
- Authors: Nenclares P, Ap Dafydd D, Bagwan I, Begg D, Kerawala C, King E, Lingley K, Paleri V, Paterson G, Payne M, Silva P, Steven N, Turnbull N, Yip K, Harrington KJ
- Issue date: 2020 Oct
- Survival outcomes of mucosal melanoma in the USA.
- Authors: Al-Haseni A, Vrable A, Qureshi MM, Mathews S, Pollock S, Truong MT, Sahni D
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Update on primary mucosal melanoma.
- Authors: Tacastacas JD, Bray J, Cohen YK, Arbesman J, Kim J, Koon HB, Honda K, Cooper KD, Gerstenblith MR
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Evolving Therapeutic Strategies in Mucosal Melanoma Have Not Improved Survival Over Five Decades.
- Authors: Kirchoff DD, Deutsch GB, Foshag LJ, Lee JH, Sim MS, Faries MB
- Issue date: 2016 Jan