Favourable outcomes for high-risk diffuse large b-cell lymphoma (IPI 3-5) treated with front-line r-CODOX-M/R-IVAC chemotherapy: results of a phase 2 UK NCRI Trial
AuthorsMcMillan, A. K.
Phillips E H
Kirkwood, A. A.
Ardeshna, K. M.
Linch, D. C.
AffiliationHaematology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: Outcomes for patients with high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) treated with R-CHOP chemotherapy are suboptimal but, to date, no alternative regimen has been shown to improve survival rates. This phase 2 trial aimed to assess the efficacy of a Burkitt-like approach for high-risk DLBCL using the dose-intense R-CODOX-M/R-IVAC regimen. PATIENTS AND METHODS: Eligible pts were aged 18-65 years with stage II-IV untreated DLBCL and an International Prognostic Index (IPI) score of 3-5. Patients received alternating cycles of CODOX-M and IVAC (cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin and high-dose methotrexate [CODOX-M] alternating with ifosfamide, etoposide and high-dose cytarabine [IVAC]) chemotherapy plus 8 doses of rituximab. Response was assessed by CT after completing all 4 cycles of chemotherapy. The primary endpoint was 2-year progression-free survival (PFS). RESULTS: 111 eligible patients were registered; median age was 50 years, IPI score was 3 (60.4%) or 4-5 (39.6%), 54% had a performance status /=2 and 9% had central nervous system involvement. 85 patients (76.6%) completed all 4 cycles of chemotherapy. There were 5 treatment-related deaths (4.3%)
CitationA. K. McMillan, E. H. Phillips, A. A. Kirkwood et al. Favourable Outcomes for High-Risk Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (IPI 3-5) Treated with Front-Line R-CODOX-M/R-IVAC Chemotherapy: Results of a Phase 2 UK NCRI Trial. Ann Oncol. 2020.
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Intensive chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, high-dose methotrexate/ifosfamide, etoposide, and high-dose cytarabine (CODOX-M/IVAC) for human immunodeficiency virus-associated Burkitt lymphoma.
- Authors: Wang ES, Straus DJ, Teruya-Feldstein J, Qin J, Portlock C, Moskowitz C, Goy A, Hedrick E, Zelenetz AD, Noy A
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 15
- Modified cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, and methotrexate (CODOX-M)/ifosfamide, etoposide, and cytarabine (IVAC) therapy with or without rituximab in Japanese adult patients with Burkitt lymphoma (BL) and B cell lymphoma, unclassifiable, with features intermediate between diffuse large B cell lymphoma and BL.
- Authors: Maruyama D, Watanabe T, Maeshima AM, Nomoto J, Taniguchi H, Azuma T, Mori M, Munakata W, Kim SW, Kobayashi Y, Matsuno Y, Tobinai K
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Rituximab in combination with CODOX-M/IVAC: a retrospective analysis of 23 cases of non-HIV related B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma with proliferation index >95%.
- Authors: Mohamedbhai SG, Sibson K, Marafioti T, Kayani I, Lowry L, Goldstone AH, Linch DC, Ardeshna KM
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- An international evaluation of CODOX-M and CODOX-M alternating with IVAC in adult Burkitt's lymphoma: results of United Kingdom Lymphoma Group LY06 study.
- Authors: Mead GM, Sydes MR, Walewski J, Grigg A, Hatton CS, Pescosta N, Guarnaccia C, Lewis MS, McKendrick J, Stenning SP, Wright D, UKLG LY06 collaborators.
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- RD-CODOX-M/IVAC with rituximab and intrathecal liposomal cytarabine in adult Burkitt lymphoma and 'unclassifiable' highly aggressive B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Corazzelli G, Frigeri F, Russo F, Frairia C, Arcamone M, Esposito G, De Chiara A, Morelli E, Capobianco G, Becchimanzi C, Volzone F, Saggese M, Marcacci G, De Filippi R, Vitolo U, Pinto A
- Issue date: 2012 Jan