Assessing full benefit of rivaroxaban prophylaxis in high-risk ambulatory patients with cancer: thromboembolic events in the randomized CASSINI Trial
AuthorsKhorana, A. A.
McNamara, Mairead G
Kakkar, A. K.
Streiff, M. B.
Soff, G. A.
AffiliationDepartment of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIntroduction In the CASSINI study, rivaroxaban thromboprophylaxis significantly reduced primary venous thromboembolism (VTE) endpoints during the intervention period, but several thromboembolic events designated as secondary efficacy endpoints were not included in the primary analysis. This study was aimed to evaluate the full impact of rivaroxaban thromboprophylaxis on all prespecified thromboembolic endpoints occurring on study. Methods CASSINI was a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in adult ambulatory patients with cancer at risk for VTE (Khorana score /=2). Patients were screened at baseline for deep-vein thrombosis (DVT) and randomized if none was found. The primary efficacy endpoint was a composite of lower extremity proximal DVT
CitationA. A. Khorana, M. G. McNamara, A. K. Kakkar et al. Assessing Full Benefit of Rivaroxaban Prophylaxis in High-Risk Ambulatory Patients with Cancer: Thromboembolic Events in the Randomized CASSINI Trial. TH Open. 2020;4(2):e107-e112.
- Rivaroxaban thromboprophylaxis in ambulatory patients with pancreatic cancer: Results from a pre-specified subgroup analysis of the randomized CASSINI study.
- Authors: Vadhan-Raj S, McNamara MG, Venerito M, Riess H, O'Reilly EM, Overman MJ, Zhou X, Vijapurkar U, Kaul S, Wildgoose P, Khorana AA
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 14
- Rivaroxaban for Preventing Venous Thromboembolism in High-Risk Ambulatory Patients with Cancer: Rationale and Design of the CASSINI Trial. Rationale and Design of the CASSINI Trial.
- Authors: Khorana AA, Vadhan-Raj S, Kuderer NM, Wun T, Liebman H, Soff G, Belani C, O'Reilly EM, McBane R, Eikelboom J, Damaraju CV, Beyers K, Dietrich F, Kakkar AK, Riess H, Peixoto RD, Lyman GH
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 1
- Rivaroxaban for Thromboprophylaxis in High-Risk Ambulatory Patients with Cancer.
- Authors: Khorana AA, Soff GA, Kakkar AK, Vadhan-Raj S, Riess H, Wun T, Streiff MB, Garcia DA, Liebman HA, Belani CP, O'Reilly EM, Patel JN, Yimer HA, Wildgoose P, Burton P, Vijapurkar U, Kaul S, Eikelboom J, McBane R, Bauer KA, Kuderer NM, Lyman GH, CASSINI Investigators.
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 21
- Prophylaxis for venous thromboembolic disease in pregnancy and the early postnatal period.
- Authors: Bain E, Wilson A, Tooher R, Gates S, Davis LJ, Middleton P
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 11
- Benefit-risk assessment of rivaroxaban versus enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip or knee arthroplasty.
- Authors: Levitan B, Yuan Z, Turpie AG, Friedman RJ, Homering M, Berlin JA, Berkowitz SD, Weinstein RB, DiBattiste PM
- Issue date: 2014