Prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis of the UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP 14 versus 21 phase 3 trial
Ardeshna, K. M.
Radford, John A
AffiliationThe Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Surrey, London, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe compared the International Prognostic Index (IPI), Revised (R)-IPI and age-adjusted (aa)-IPI as prognostic indices for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in the UK National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) R-CHOP 14 versus 21 trial (N = 1080). The R-IPI and aa-IPI showed no marked improvement compared to the IPI for overall and progression-free survival, in terms of model fit or discrimination. Similar results were observed in exploratory analyses incorporating the Grupo Espanol de Linfomas/Transplante de Medula Osea (GELTAMO)-IPI, where baseline beta2-microglobulin data were available (N = 655). Although our findings support current use of the IPI, a novel prognostic tool to better delineate a high-risk DLBCL group in the rituximab era is needed.
CitationM. Gleeson, N. Counsell, D. Cunningham et al. Prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis of the UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP 14 versus 21 phase 3 trial. Br J Haematol. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Validation of the NCCN-IPI and the GELTAMO-IPI for diffuse large B-Cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP in a large cohort of patients from a single institution.
- Authors: Salas MQ, Mercadal S, Domingo Domenech E, Oliveira AC, Encuentra M, Climent F, Andrade Campos M, Aguilera C, Fernández de Sevilla A, Sureda A, González-Barca E
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Improved prognostic stratification using NCCN- and GELTAMO-international prognostic index in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Hong J, Kim SJ, Chang MH, Kim JA, Kwak JY, Kim JS, Yoon DH, Lee WS, Do YR, Kang HJ, Eom HS, Park Y, Won JH, Mun YC, Kim HJ, Kwon JH, Kong JH, Oh SY, Lee S, Bae SH, Yang DH, Jun HJ, Lee HS, Yun HJ, Lee SI, Kim MK, Yi JH, Lee JH, Kim WS, Suh C
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Validation of the NCCN-IPI for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL): the addition of β<sub>2</sub> -microglobulin yields a more accurate GELTAMO-IPI.
- Authors: Montalbán C, Díaz-López A, Dlouhy I, Rovira J, Lopez-Guillermo A, Alonso S, Martín A, Sancho JM, García O, Sánchez JM, Rodríguez M, Novelli S, Salar A, Gutiérrez A, Rodríguez-Salazar MJ, Bastos M, Domínguez JF, Fernández R, Gonzalez de Villambrosia S, Queizan JA, Córdoba R, de Oña R, López-Hernandez A, Freue JM, Garrote H, López L, Martin-Moreno AM, Rodriguez J, Abraira V, García JF, GELTAMO-IPI Project Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Differential prognostic impact of GELTAMO-IPI in cell of origin subtypes of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma as defined by the Hans algorithm.
- Authors: Montalbán C, Díaz-López A, Martín A, Baile M, Sanchez JM, Sancho JM, García O, Novelli S, Monter-Rovira A, Salar A, Bastos M, Gutiérrez A, Bento L, Córdoba R, Arquero T, González de Villambrosia S, Barranco G, De Oña R, López Guillermo A, Rodriguez Salazar MJ, Domínguez JF, Fernández R, Queizan JA, Rodríguez J, Abraira V, García JF, GELTAMO-IPI Project Investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Comparison of Prognostic Indices in Japanese Patients with Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma in the Yonago Area.
- Authors: Hosoda Y, Hino N, Motokura T
- Issue date: 2018 Mar