Prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis of the UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP 14 versus 21 phase 3 trial
Ardeshna, K. M.
Radford, John A
AffiliationThe Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Surrey, London, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe compared the International Prognostic Index (IPI), Revised (R)-IPI and age-adjusted (aa)-IPI as prognostic indices for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) in the UK National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) R-CHOP 14 versus 21 trial (N = 1080). The R-IPI and aa-IPI showed no marked improvement compared to the IPI for overall and progression-free survival, in terms of model fit or discrimination. Similar results were observed in exploratory analyses incorporating the Grupo Espanol de Linfomas/Transplante de Medula Osea (GELTAMO)-IPI, where baseline beta2-microglobulin data were available (N = 655). Although our findings support current use of the IPI, a novel prognostic tool to better delineate a high-risk DLBCL group in the rituximab era is needed.
CitationM. Gleeson, N. Counsell, D. Cunningham et al. Prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis of the UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP 14 versus 21 phase 3 trial. Br J Haematol. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- Rituximab-dose-dense chemotherapy with or without high-dose chemotherapy plus autologous stem-cell transplantation in high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLCL04): final results of a multicentre, open-label, randomised, controlled, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Chiappella A, Martelli M, Angelucci E, Brusamolino E, Evangelista A, Carella AM, Stelitano C, Rossi G, Balzarotti M, Merli F, Gaidano G, Pavone V, Rigacci L, Zaja F, D'Arco A, Cascavilla N, Russo E, Castellino A, Gotti M, Congiu AG, Cabras MG, Tucci A, Agostinelli C, Ciccone G, Pileri SA, Vitolo U
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Validation of the NCCN-IPI and the GELTAMO-IPI for diffuse large B-Cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP in a large cohort of patients from a single institution.
- Authors: Salas MQ, Mercadal S, Domingo Domenech E, Oliveira AC, Encuentra M, Climent F, Andrade Campos M, Aguilera C, Fernández de Sevilla A, Sureda A, González-Barca E
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- International prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a comparison of IPI, R-IPI, and NCCN-IPI.
- Authors: Ruppert AS, Dixon JG, Salles G, Wall A, Cunningham D, Poeschel V, Haioun C, Tilly H, Ghesquieres H, Ziepert M, Flament J, Flowers C, Shi Q, Schmitz N
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 4
- Central nervous system relapse of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: results of the UK NCRI R-CHOP-14 versus 21 trial.
- Authors: Gleeson M, Counsell N, Cunningham D, Chadwick N, Lawrie A, Hawkes EA, McMillan A, Ardeshna KM, Jack A, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Radford JA, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson P, Gambell J, Linch D
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 1
- Comparison of prognostic models for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era.
- Authors: Huang YC, Liu CY, Lu HJ, Liu HT, Hung MH, Hong YC, Hsiao LT, Gau JP, Liu JH, Hsu HC, Chiou TJ, Chen PM, Tzeng CH, Yu YB
- Issue date: 2013 Nov