The challenge of COVID-19 and hematopoietic cell transplantation; EBMT recommendations for management of hematopoietic cell transplant recipients, their donors, and patients undergoing CAR T-cell therapy
de la Camara, R.
Basak, G. W.
Lankester, A. C.
Peffault de Latour, R.
Snowden, J. A.
AffiliationDepartment of Cellular Therapy and Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has rapidly spread over the world causing the disease by WHO called COVID-19. This pandemic poses unprecedented stress on the health care system including programs performing allogeneic and autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and cellular therapy such as with CAR T cells. Risk factors for severe disease include age and predisposing conditions such as cancer. The true impact on stem cell transplant and CAR T-cell recipients in unknown. The European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) has therefore developed recommendations for transplant programs and physicians caring for these patients. These guidelines were developed by experts from the Infectious Diseases Working Party and have been endorsed by EBMT's scientific council and board. This work intends to provide guidelines for transplant centers, management of transplant candidates and recipients, and donor issues until the COVID-19 pandemic has passed.
CitationP. Ljungman, M. Mikulska, R. de la Camara et al. The challenge of COVID-19 and hematopoietic cell transplantation; EBMT recommendations for management of hematopoietic cell transplant recipients, their donors, and patients undergoing CAR T-cell therapy. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2020.
JournalBone Marrow Transplantation
- COVID-19 pandemic and impact on hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
- Authors: Sahu KK, Siddiqui AD, Cerny J
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- [COVID-19 and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: Recommendations].
- Authors: Toughza J, Agadr A, Ismaili N
- Issue date: 2020 Jul - Aug
- Solid organ transplantation programs facing lack of empiric evidence in the COVID-19 pandemic: A By-proxy Society Recommendation Consensus approach.
- Authors: Ritschl PV, Nevermann N, Wiering L, Wu HH, Moroder P, Brandl A, Hillebrandt K, Tacke F, Friedersdorff F, Schlomm T, Schöning W, Öllinger R, Schmelzle M, Pratschke J
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Endoscopy works during the pandemic of coronavirus COVID-19: recommendations by the Chinese Society of Digestive Endoscopy.
- Authors: Chai N, Mei Z, Zhang W, Du C, Wang X, Li L, Ma Y, Zou J, Tang X, Wang N, Feng J, Linghu E
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Planning of surgical activity in the COVID-19 era: A proposal for a step toward a possible healthcare organization.
- Authors: Rocco B, Bagni A, Bertellini E, Sighinolfi MC
- Issue date: 2020 Nov