NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121)
AuthorsMcNamara, Mairead G
Sjoquist, K. M.
Park, J. O.
Ross, P. J.
Zalcberg, J. R.
Palmer, D. H.
Valle, Juan W
Knox, J. J.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, The University of Manchester & The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGemcitabine/cisplatin is standard of care for first-line treatment of patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (aBTC); new treatments are needed. NUC-1031 is designed to overcome key cancer resistance mechanisms associated with gemcitabine. The tolerability/efficacy signal of NUC-1031/cisplatin in the Phase Ib ABC-08 study suggested that this combination may represent a more efficacious therapy than gemcitabine/cisplatin for patients with aBTC, leading to initiation of the global NuTide:121 study which will include 828 patients /=18 years with untreated histologically/cytologically-confirmed aBTC (including cholangiocarcinoma
CitationM. G. McNamara, L. Goyal, M. Doherty et al. NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121). Future Oncol. 2020;16(16):1069-1081.
- A Phase Ib Study of NUC-1031 in Combination with Cisplatin for the First-Line Treatment of Patients with Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer (ABC-08).
- Authors: McNamara MG, Bridgewater J, Palmer DH, Faluyi O, Wasan H, Patel A, Ryder WD, Barber S, Gnanaranjan C, Ghazaly E, Evans TRJ, Valle JW
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Gemcitabine-based chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract carcinomas.
- Authors: Abdel-Rahman O, Elsayed Z, Elhalawani H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 6
- Comparison between Fluoropyrimidine-Cisplatin and Gemcitabine-Cisplatin as First-Line Chemotherapy for Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer: A Meta-Analysis.
- Authors: Zheng T, Jin J, Zhou L, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2020
- NUC-1031, use of ProTide technology to circumvent gemcitabine resistance: current status in clinical trials.
- Authors: Kapacee ZA, Knox JJ, Palmer D, Blagden SP, Lamarca A, Valle JW, McNamara MG
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 11
- Adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapy for biliary tract cancer: a review of clinical trials.
- Authors: Nara S, Esaki M, Ban D, Takamoto T, Shimada K, Ioka T, Okusaka T, Ishii H, Furuse J
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 16