NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121)
AuthorsMcNamara, Mairead G
Sjoquist, K. M.
Park, J. O.
Ross, P. J.
Zalcberg, J. R.
Palmer, D. H.
Valle, Juan W
Knox, J. J.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, The University of Manchester & The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGemcitabine/cisplatin is standard of care for first-line treatment of patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (aBTC); new treatments are needed. NUC-1031 is designed to overcome key cancer resistance mechanisms associated with gemcitabine. The tolerability/efficacy signal of NUC-1031/cisplatin in the Phase Ib ABC-08 study suggested that this combination may represent a more efficacious therapy than gemcitabine/cisplatin for patients with aBTC, leading to initiation of the global NuTide:121 study which will include 828 patients /=18 years with untreated histologically/cytologically-confirmed aBTC (including cholangiocarcinoma
CitationM. G. McNamara, L. Goyal, M. Doherty et al. NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121). Future Oncol. 2020;16(16):1069-1081.
- A Phase Ib Study of NUC-1031 in Combination with Cisplatin for the First-Line Treatment of Patients with Advanced Biliary Tract Cancer (ABC-08).
- Authors: McNamara MG, Bridgewater J, Palmer DH, Faluyi O, Wasan H, Patel A, Ryder WD, Barber S, Gnanaranjan C, Ghazaly E, Evans TRJ, Valle JW
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- NUC-1031, use of ProTide technology to circumvent gemcitabine resistance: current status in clinical trials.
- Authors: Kapacee ZA, Knox JJ, Palmer D, Blagden SP, Lamarca A, Valle JW, McNamara MG
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 11
- Gemcitabine-based chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract carcinomas.
- Authors: Abdel-Rahman O, Elsayed Z, Elhalawani H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 6
- A phase 1b study of Selumetinib in combination with Cisplatin and Gemcitabine in advanced or metastatic biliary tract cancer: the ABC-04 study.
- Authors: Bridgewater J, Lopes A, Beare S, Duggan M, Lee D, Ricamara M, McEntee D, Sukumaran A, Wasan H, Valle JW
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 24
- Gemcitabine and oxaliplatin with or without erlotinib in advanced biliary-tract cancer: a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Lee J, Park SH, Chang HM, Kim JS, Choi HJ, Lee MA, Jang JS, Jeung HC, Kang JH, Lee HW, Shin DB, Kang HJ, Sun JM, Park JO, Park YS, Kang WK, Lim HY
- Issue date: 2012 Feb