NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121)
AuthorsMcNamara, Mairead G
Sjoquist, K. M.
Park, J. O.
Ross, P. J.
Zalcberg, J. R.
Palmer, D. H.
Valle, Juan W.
Knox, J. J.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, The University of Manchester & The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGemcitabine/cisplatin is standard of care for first-line treatment of patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (aBTC); new treatments are needed. NUC-1031 is designed to overcome key cancer resistance mechanisms associated with gemcitabine. The tolerability/efficacy signal of NUC-1031/cisplatin in the Phase Ib ABC-08 study suggested that this combination may represent a more efficacious therapy than gemcitabine/cisplatin for patients with aBTC, leading to initiation of the global NuTide:121 study which will include 828 patients /=18 years with untreated histologically/cytologically-confirmed aBTC (including cholangiocarcinoma
CitationM. G. McNamara, L. Goyal, M. Doherty et al. NUC-1031/cisplatin versus gemcitabine/cisplatin in untreated locally advanced/metastatic biliary tract cancer (NuTide:121). Future Oncol. 2020;16(16):1069-1081.
- Gemcitabine-based chemotherapy for advanced biliary tract carcinomas.
- Authors: Abdel-Rahman O, Elsayed Z, Elhalawani H
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 6
- Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, and nab-Paclitaxel for the Treatment of Advanced Biliary Tract Cancers: A Phase 2 Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Shroff RT, Javle MM, Xiao L, Kaseb AO, Varadhachary GR, Wolff RA, Raghav KPS, Iwasaki M, Masci P, Ramanathan RK, Ahn DH, Bekaii-Saab TS, Borad MJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 1
- NUC-1031, use of ProTide technology to circumvent gemcitabine resistance: current status in clinical trials.
- Authors: Kapacee ZA, Knox JJ, Palmer D, Blagden SP, Lamarca A, Valle JW, McNamara MG
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 11
- Cediranib or placebo in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine chemotherapy for patients with advanced biliary tract cancer (ABC-03): a randomised phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Valle JW, Wasan H, Lopes A, Backen AC, Palmer DH, Morris K, Duggan M, Cunningham D, Anthoney DA, Corrie P, Madhusudan S, Maraveyas A, Ross PJ, Waters JS, Steward WP, Rees C, Beare S, Dive C, Bridgewater JA
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Nal-IRI with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin or gemcitabine plus cisplatin in advanced biliary tract cancer - the NIFE trial (AIO-YMO HEP-0315) an open label, non-comparative, randomized, multicenter phase II study.
- Authors: Perkhofer L, Berger AW, Beutel AK, Gallmeier E, Angermeier S, Fischer von Weikersthal L, Goetze TO, Muche R, Seufferlein T, Ettrich TJ
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 23