Scheduling nab-paclitaxel combined with gemcitabine as first-line treatment for metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma
AuthorsCorrie, P. G.
Valle, Juan W
Ma, Y. T.
Jodrell, D. I.
AffiliationCambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke's Hospital), Cambridge, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: Nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabine (nabP+gemcitabine) offers modest survival gains for patients with metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC). Sequential scheduling of nabP+gemcitabine in a PDAC mouse model improved efficacy; this hypothesis was tested in a clinical trial. METHODS: Patients with previously untreated metastatic PDAC were randomised to receive nabP+gemcitabine administered either concomitantly on the same day, or sequentially, with gemcitabine administered 24 h after nabP. The primary outcome measure was progression-free survival (PFS). Secondary outcome measures were objective response rate (ORR), overall survival (OS), safety, quality of life (QoL) and predictive biomarkers. RESULTS: In total, 71 patients received sequential (SEQ) and 75 concomitant (CON) treatment. Six-month PFS was 46% with SEQ and 32% with CON scheduling. Median PFS (5.6 versus 4.0 months, hazard ratio [HR] 0.67, 95% confidence interval [95% CI] 0.47-0.95, p = 0.022) and ORR (52% versus 31%, p = 0.023) favoured the SEQ arm; median OS was 10.2 versus 8.2 months (HR 0.93, 95% CI 0.65-1.33, p = 0.70). CTCAE Grade /=3 neutropaenia incidence doubled with SEQ therapy but was not detrimental to QoL. Strongly positive tumour epithelial cytidine deaminase (CDA) expression favoured benefit from SEQ therapy (PFS HR 0.31
CitationP. G. Corrie, W. Qian, B. Basu, J. W. Valle et al. Scheduling nab-paclitaxel combined with gemcitabine as first-line treatment for metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Modified gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel regimen in advanced pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Rogers JE, Mizrahi JD, Xiao L, Mohindroo C, Shroff RT, Wolff R, Varadhachary GR, Javle MM, Overman M, Fogelman DR, Raghav KPS, Pant S, McAllister F
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II study of istiratumab (MM-141) plus nab-paclitaxel and gemcitabine versus nab-paclitaxel and gemcitabine in front-line metastatic pancreatic cancer (CARRIE).
- Authors: Kundranda M, Gracian AC, Zafar SF, Meiri E, Bendell J, Algül H, Rivera F, Ahn ER, Watkins D, Pelzer U, Charu V, Zalutskaya A, Kuesters G, Pipas JM, Santillana S, Askoxylakis V, Ko AH
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel until progression or alternating with FOLFIRI.3, as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma: The Federation Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive-PRODIGE 37 randomised phase II study (FIRGEMAX).
- Authors: Rinaldi Y, Pointet AL, Khemissa Akouz F, Le Malicot K, Wahiba B, Louafi S, Gratet A, Miglianico L, Laharie H, Bouhier Leporrier K, Thirot Bidault A, Texereau P, Coriat R, Terrebonne E, Gouttebel MC, Malka D, Bachet JB, Lepage C, Taieb J, PRODIGE 37 Investigators/Collaborators.
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- HALO 202: Randomized Phase II Study of PEGPH20 Plus Nab-Paclitaxel/Gemcitabine Versus Nab-Paclitaxel/Gemcitabine in Patients With Untreated, Metastatic Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Hingorani SR, Zheng L, Bullock AJ, Seery TE, Harris WP, Sigal DS, Braiteh F, Ritch PS, Zalupski MM, Bahary N, Oberstein PE, Wang-Gillam A, Wu W, Chondros D, Jiang P, Khelifa S, Pu J, Aldrich C, Hendifar AE
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 1
- nab-Paclitaxel plus gemcitabine in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma: Australian subset analyses of the phase III MPACT trial.
- Authors: Young R, Mainwaring P, Clingan P, Parnis FX, Asghari G, Beale P, Aly A, Botteman M, Romano A, Ferrara S, Margunato-Debay S, Harris M
- Issue date: 2018 Oct