Hypoxic activation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase controls the expression of genes involved in the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension through the regulation of DNA methylation
Kitagawa A, Jacob C
Jordan Allan M
Waddell Ian D
AffiliationDepartment of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJoshi SR, Kitagawa A, Jacob C, Hashimoto R, Dhagia V, Ramesh A, et al. Hypoxic activation of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase controls the expression of genes involved in the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension through the regulation of DNA methylation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2020;318:L773-L86.
JournalAmerican Journal of Physiology Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology
- Pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells augment α-adrenergic receptor-mediated contraction of pulmonary artery and contribute to the pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension.
- Authors: Hashimoto R, Lanier GM, Dhagia V, Joshi SR, Jordan A, Waddell I, Tuder R, Stenmark KR, Wolin MS, McMurtry IF, Gupte SA
- Issue date: 2020 Feb 1
- Hypoxia-induced glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase overexpression and -activation in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells: implication in pulmonary hypertension.
- Authors: Chettimada S, Gupte R, Rawat D, Gebb SA, McMurtry IF, Gupte SA
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 1
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase plays a critical role in hypoxia-induced CD133+ progenitor cells self-renewal and stimulates their accumulation in the lungs of pulmonary hypertensive rats.
- Authors: Chettimada S, Joshi SR, Alzoubi A, Gebb SA, McMurtry IF, Gupte R, Gupte SA
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 1
- Glc-6-PD and PKG contribute to hypoxia-induced decrease in smooth muscle cell contractile phenotype proteins in pulmonary artery.
- Authors: Chettimada S, Rawat DK, Dey N, Kobelja R, Simms Z, Wolin MS, Lincoln TM, Gupte SA
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 1
- Long noncoding RNA UCA1 promotes the proliferation of hypoxic human pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells.
- Authors: Zhu TT, Sun RL, Yin YL, Quan JP, Song P, Xu J, Zhang MX, Li P
- Issue date: 2019 Feb