TG01/GM-CSF and adjuvant gemcitabine in patients with resected RAS-mutant adenocarcinoma of the pancreas (CT TG01-01): a single-arm, phase 1/2 trial
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationLiverpool Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre, Liverpool,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: TG01 is the first cancer immunotherapy targeting KRAS oncogenic mutations. This study assessed the safety and efficacy of TG01/GM-CSF in patients with resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma. METHODS: Patients with stage I or II pancreatic adenocarcinoma who had undergone surgical resection (R0 or R1) received adjuvant gemcitabine with TG01/GM-CSF using two schedules of vaccination. Immune response was defined as a positive delayed-type hypersensitivity (DTH) response and/or positive T-cell proliferation assay. RESULTS: Thirty-two patients were enrolled between February 2013 and May 2016. Nineteen were treated with the high antigen burden, with four serious adverse reactions considered possibly related to TG01 treatment, including three allergic reactions. On this basis, a further 13 patients received a modified vaccination schedule with reduced antigen burden, with no serious adverse events related to TG01. Ninety-five percent patients in the main cohort and 92% in the modified cohort had a positive immune response. Median overall survival (OS) was 33.1 months, and median disease-free survival (DFS) was 13.9 months for the main cohort. For the modified cohort, the median OS was 34.3 months and median DFS was 19.5 months. CONCLUSIONS: TG01/GM-CSF with gemcitabine was well tolerated, with high levels of immune activation. OS and DFS compare favourably with published data for adjuvant gemcitabine. CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION: This clinical trial was registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02261714).
CitationPalmer DH, Valle JW, Ting Ma Y, Faluyi O, Neoptolemos JP, Jensen Gjertsen T, et al. TG01/GM-CSF and adjuvant gemcitabine in patients with resected RAS-mutant adenocarcinoma of the pancreas (CT TG01-01): a single-arm, phase 1/2 trial. Br J Cancer. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Trial of Yeast-Derived Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF) Versus Peptide Vaccination Versus GM-CSF Plus Peptide Vaccination Versus Placebo in Patients With No Evidence of Disease After Complete Surgical Resection of Locally Advanced and/or Stage IV Melanoma: A Trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group-American College of Radiology Imaging Network Cancer Research Group (E4697).
- Authors: Lawson DH, Lee S, Zhao F, Tarhini AA, Margolin KA, Ernstoff MS, Atkins MB, Cohen GI, Whiteside TL, Butterfield LH, Kirkwood JM
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 1
- Outcomes after neoadjuvant treatment with gemcitabine and erlotinib followed by gemcitabine-erlotinib and radiotherapy for resectable pancreatic cancer (GEMCAD 10-03 trial).
- Authors: Maurel J, Sánchez-Cabús S, Laquente B, Gaba L, Visa L, Fabregat J, Povés I, Roselló S, Díaz-Beveridge R, Martín-Richard M, Rodriguez J, Sabater L, Conill C, Cambray M, Reig A, Ayuso JR, Valls C, Ferrández A, Bombí JA, Ginés A, García-Albéniz X, Fernández-Cruz L
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Adjuvant treatment of resectable biliary tract cancer with cisplatin plus gemcitabine: A prospective single center phase II study.
- Authors: Siebenhüner AR, Seifert H, Bachmann H, Seifert B, Winder T, Feilchenfeldt J, Breitenstein S, Clavien PA, Stupp R, Knuth A, Pestalozzi B, Samaras P
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 11
- Predictors of Response and Survival in Locally Advanced Adenocarcinoma of the Pancreas Following Neoadjuvant GTX with or Without Radiation Therapy.
- Authors: Sherman WH, Hecht E, Leung D, Chu K
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Interferon-gamma or granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor administered as adjuvants with a vaccine of irradiated autologous tumor cells from short-term cell line cultures: a randomized phase 2 trial of the cancer biotherapy research group.
- Authors: Dillman RO, Wiemann M, Nayak SK, DeLeon C, Hood K, DePriest C
- Issue date: 2003 Jul-Aug