TG01/GM-CSF and adjuvant gemcitabine in patients with resected RAS-mutant adenocarcinoma of the pancreas (CT TG01-01): a single-arm, phase 1/2 trial
Valle, Juan W
AffiliationLiverpool Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre, Liverpool,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBACKGROUND: TG01 is the first cancer immunotherapy targeting KRAS oncogenic mutations. This study assessed the safety and efficacy of TG01/GM-CSF in patients with resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma. METHODS: Patients with stage I or II pancreatic adenocarcinoma who had undergone surgical resection (R0 or R1) received adjuvant gemcitabine with TG01/GM-CSF using two schedules of vaccination. Immune response was defined as a positive delayed-type hypersensitivity (DTH) response and/or positive T-cell proliferation assay. RESULTS: Thirty-two patients were enrolled between February 2013 and May 2016. Nineteen were treated with the high antigen burden, with four serious adverse reactions considered possibly related to TG01 treatment, including three allergic reactions. On this basis, a further 13 patients received a modified vaccination schedule with reduced antigen burden, with no serious adverse events related to TG01. Ninety-five percent patients in the main cohort and 92% in the modified cohort had a positive immune response. Median overall survival (OS) was 33.1 months, and median disease-free survival (DFS) was 13.9 months for the main cohort. For the modified cohort, the median OS was 34.3 months and median DFS was 19.5 months. CONCLUSIONS: TG01/GM-CSF with gemcitabine was well tolerated, with high levels of immune activation. OS and DFS compare favourably with published data for adjuvant gemcitabine. CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION: This clinical trial was registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02261714).
CitationPalmer DH, Valle JW, Ting Ma Y, Faluyi O, Neoptolemos JP, Jensen Gjertsen T, et al. TG01/GM-CSF and adjuvant gemcitabine in patients with resected RAS-mutant adenocarcinoma of the pancreas (CT TG01-01): a single-arm, phase 1/2 trial. Br J Cancer. 2020.
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Outcomes after neoadjuvant treatment with gemcitabine and erlotinib followed by gemcitabine-erlotinib and radiotherapy for resectable pancreatic cancer (GEMCAD 10-03 trial).
- Authors: Maurel J, Sánchez-Cabús S, Laquente B, Gaba L, Visa L, Fabregat J, Povés I, Roselló S, Díaz-Beveridge R, Martín-Richard M, Rodriguez J, Sabater L, Conill C, Cambray M, Reig A, Ayuso JR, Valls C, Ferrández A, Bombí JA, Ginés A, García-Albéniz X, Fernández-Cruz L
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Multicenter phase II trial to investigate safety and efficacy of gemcitabine combined with cetuximab as adjuvant therapy in pancreatic cancer (ATIP).
- Authors: Fensterer H, Schade-Brittinger C, Müller HH, Tebbe S, Fass J, Lindig U, Settmacher U, Schmidt WE, Märten A, Ebert MP, Kornmann M, Hofheinz R, Endlicher E, Brendel C, Barth PJ, Bartsch DK, Michl P, Gress TM, Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische Onkologie (AIO).
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Novel allogeneic granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-secreting tumor vaccine for pancreatic cancer: a phase I trial of safety and immune activation.
- Authors: Jaffee EM, Hruban RH, Biedrzycki B, Laheru D, Schepers K, Sauter PR, Goemann M, Coleman J, Grochow L, Donehower RC, Lillemoe KD, O'Reilly S, Abrams RA, Pardoll DM, Cameron JL, Yeo CJ
- Issue date: 2001 Jan 1
- Adjuvant chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus folinic acid vs gemcitabine following pancreatic cancer resection: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Neoptolemos JP, Stocken DD, Bassi C, Ghaneh P, Cunningham D, Goldstein D, Padbury R, Moore MJ, Gallinger S, Mariette C, Wente MN, Izbicki JR, Friess H, Lerch MM, Dervenis C, Oláh A, Butturini G, Doi R, Lind PA, Smith D, Valle JW, Palmer DH, Buckels JA, Thompson J, McKay CJ, Rawcliffe CL, Büchler MW, European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 8
- Nab-paclitaxel plus either gemcitabine or simplified leucovorin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma (AFUGEM GERCOR): a non-comparative, multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Bachet JB, Hammel P, Desramé J, Meurisse A, Chibaudel B, André T, Debourdeau P, Dauba J, Lecomte T, Seitz JF, Tournigand C, Aparicio T, Meyer VG, Taieb J, Volet J, Monier A, Bonnetain F, Louvet C
- Issue date: 2017 May